+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Big Ambition You Still Have?

One Big Ambition You Still Have?

Mine is quite a strange one I think, it’s to buy back my nan’s house ( my mum’s mum ) in Harrogate.

My happiest childhood and early and mid t e e n memories come from time I spent there in the 60’s and 70’s.

My mum and her late brother were both born there in 1930 and 1938 and my Nan lived there from when she got married in 1928 until she died in 1990.

I missed the house going on sale 18 months ago which really narked me but I’m intent on getting it next time it becomes available.

My mum is 84 this year but still very fit and active and I’d love to be able to surprise her by handing her a key to her childhood home again.

It’s only a little house, a tiny semi in a dormer style and not expensive by today’s standards but it’s what it represents to me that’s important.

To have it back to have it available for all the family to use for holidays up north would really complete my personal ambitions.

I’ve also thought about buying back our first marital home at some point as well, it’s a small townhouse in Stourbridge and would be perfect in another 15 years time.

Again, a place with such happy memories.

To see mum back in her original home for holidays would be a joy though.

What are your ambitions, large or small?

To be still Park Running when I'm 80

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Good one.....👍

To s hag an ugly woman. Also I wouldn't mind getting into a house before the most haunted crew turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    To s hag an ugly woman. Also I wouldn't mind getting into a house before the most haunted crew turned up.
    That made me laugh! Surely, that's already happened?

The hungry years a song by Neil sedaka sums it up. never was I more happy when me and the wife were starting out and didn't have a dime every time I go past that old house brings back so many happy memories

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Forgot to add.My ambition must include my wife running as well. Bit behind me of course

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie Sharon View Post
    That made me laugh! Surely, that's already happened?
    No honestly, I would have to find out what house they were filming in first.😉

Win a Lottery jackpot and take it from there.

To live long enough and be well enough to be able to see all my grandchildren get to the age of at least 21.

Means I need to live another 14 years !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)