+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley Sack Sean Dyche

Terrible decision by Burnley.
    Burnley only got into the PL, and stayed there, because of him. They have punched above their weight for so long, they have forgotten why they managed it!
    As someone else said, Charlton springs to mind, as does Bournemouth sacking Howe.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Burnley only got into the PL, and stayed there, because of him. They have punched above their weight for so long, they have forgotten why they managed it!
    As someone else said, Charlton springs to mind, as does Bournemouth sacking Howe.
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I completely agree. Burnley could quite easily end up suffering from the Howe and Curbishley effect in that the clubs lose their leader and driver that has kept them beyond the highest level they can expect to be at which the whole pack of cards comes crashing down.

They are only four points from safety and could have avoided the drop with Dyche. We will see how well this post ages but I think that is a big nail in the coffin for Burnley's relegation. As others have said it would not be a surprise to see them in League One before they know it.

When a manager like Sean Dyche has been at a club for so long the entire philosophy and style is completely ingrained in the club. They have their identity. If they don't go for someone like Dyche then they'll have to start all over again.

The irony of it all is that if they do get relegated someone like Sean Dyche who has two promotions from the championship with Burnley was best placed to bring them back up. Likewise he has previously took them to seventh place and got them in the Europa league.

It has all the hallmarks of a panic sacking.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 16-04-2022 at 12:38 PM.

I think the timing is awful, he deserves to go out on his sword for the simply tremendous work he's done.

Saying that I would have very limited confidence they would have stayed up even with Dyche in charge. It's hard to when you have won just 4 times in 30!!! That's shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I think the timing is awful, he deserves to go out on his sword for the simply tremendous work he's done.

Saying that I would have very limited confidence they would have stayed up even with Dyche in charge. It's hard to when you have won just 4 times in 30!!! That's shocking.
    I think Burnley's chances of staying up were/are very slim with or without Dyche, but of course it's a miracle that they've been able to compete at that level at all. They've only lost one more game than Wolves in 8th place, so it's not like they've been whipping boys, but they've drawn to many games this time around. They're lacking a couple of those top quality players who win tight matches. If Dyche had stayed then I think they would have been right in the mix for immediate promotion back, as he achieved with them once before, but now it's just as likely they'll lose their identity and drift into the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Burnley: "Thanks Sean Dyche for taking us (twice) to a level we have no right to expect, and keeping us there for so long, but no thanks."

Reminds me of when Charlton Athletic sacked Alan Curbishley many years ago because some fans thought he had "taken them as far as he could". They've not been close to the Premier League since.
    Absolutely. I fancy they will not return to the premier league for a very long time. This sacking is symptomatic of modern day culture - always wanting better and not appreciating what’s already quite good…

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    Absolutely. I fancy they will not return to the premier league for a very long time. This sacking is symptomatic of modern day culture - always wanting better and not appreciating what’s already quite good…
    American sports commentators have a good phrase for it: "What have you done for me lately?"

Burnley is probably the biggest dump I've ever seen Notts in (other than Mansfield or West Bridgeford of course). Horrible place to get to and what an absolute horror show of a place. Plus Ian Wright scored. Obviously they are hoping for new manager bounce but with the chamopinship almost nailed on they can't expect to attract a big name. Can see them going the same way as Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Burnley is probably the biggest dump I've ever seen Notts in (other than Mansfield or West Bridgeford of course). Horrible place to get to and what an absolute horror show of a place. Plus Ian Wright scored. Obviously they are hoping for new manager bounce but with the chamopinship almost nailed on they can't expect to attract a big name. Can see them going the same way as Sunderland.
    And not one of you mentions the part played by Burnley's new American ownership. who have turned them from one of the few debt-free clubs into a debt-laden outfit. It was their shout that banished Sean Dyche. All American owners should be banned from UK football - they are mere asset strippers.
    Not worried for SD - he's a very capable manager and will find work when he wants it. Here's a tip: Lampard to leave Everton at end of season, Dyche to replace him before August.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    And not one of you mentions the part played by Burnley's new American ownership. who have turned them from one of the few debt-free clubs into a debt-laden outfit. It was their shout that banished Sean Dyche. All American owners should be banned from UK football - they are mere asset strippers.
    Not worried for SD - he's a very capable manager and will find work when he wants it. Here's a tip: Lampard to leave Everton at end of season, Dyche to replace him before August.

How are they debt laden?. Only been here since October time I think. Sold Woods for big money, don't think they have splashed the cash so to speak. Maybe i have missed something??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast