+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Burnley Sack Sean Dyche

Well the new manager had a far superior PPG than Dyche so I doubt the former manager would have done any better or more likely a fair bit worse based on this season. Timing was a tad strange mind.

I believe the new ownership is chalk and cheese to the past. I wouldn't expect them to bounce back whoever was in charge next season. They've got some bills to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Well the new manager had a far superior PPG than Dyche so I doubt the former manager would have done any better or more likely a fair bit worse based on this season. Timing was a tad strange mind.

I believe the new ownership is chalk and cheese to the past. I wouldn't expect them to bounce back whoever was in charge next season. They've got some bills to pay.
    Believe they are in big bother now with money that has to be paid back

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If Dyche wasn't sacked when he was and they still got relegated, do you still think the Burnley board would have kept him on to see if they could bounce straight back?

It's a hypothetical question obviously but I don't think so.
    Neither do I.

As irishpete says, if the previous owners had been in charge they probably would have recalled the previous time Dyche took them straight back up and therefore stuck with him, but the current owners are a different kettle of fish and it now looks like a less happy, less stable club.

As I've said previously, I see parallels between what happened at Charlton Athletic and what's happening now at Burnley. Two clubs who used to be deliriously happy just to be in the Premier League, but who (be it the fans or the owners or both) over the years began to think they had a right to be there, because two managers over-achieved massively - namely Alan Curbishley for Charlton and Sean Dyche for Burnley. Instead of being grateful for everything those two individuals gave them, and humbly accepting that even they cannot perform miracles consistently forever, they both threw away their golden ticket managers and fell into sub-standard ownership.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Burnley now gradually declined in a similar way to Charlton, or even Oldham.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345