+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why Do We Always Get It Wrong

Why Do We Always Get It Wrong

Zohore?
    Diangana?
    Grant?

Extended contracts for s hite like Livermore - Bartley - Robinson etc?

Then turning down 10 million from West Ham for Johnstone with a year to go of his contract. Johnstone in my view has cost us a lot of points this season due to shocking errors!!! Even a deluded person could not say sticking with Johnstone was worth chucking 10 million in the bin!!!

Then players leaving for nothing like Evans, Dawson etc plus our academy being a free shop window for other clubs!!

Is a complete retard in charge of our recruitment and contracts?
    Last edited by baggieal; 15-04-2022 at 10:44 PM.

Agree! We don't appear to have got a great deal right regarding recruitment over the past few seasons. My major concern is that we don't seem to learn from these mistakes and keep repeating the same type of errors. I feel that we made a big mistake in not making it worth his while to keep Allardyce. At least he was able to suss out the weaknesses and given time could have got us on the right track. Ismael was a complete disaster and although I was prepared to give Bruce a chance I don't think that this is working out either. Regretfully, I feel that we need to make another change in leadership which is not good as stability is one of the aspects that leads to success.

Old saying...."A stitch in time saves nine"
    Otherwise....things just unravel as can be seen here.
    Anelka.
    Chadli.
    Buying players for pension reasons is not a great strategy for a football club.

Pulis, Pardew, Bruce…

The most important person at our club is whoever is in charge of recruitment for new players and managers. Ashworth was always going to be a hard act to follow, Dowling’s decision making was terrible for us. I hope Gourlay is competent, if he isn’t then get used to mid table championship finishes, that will be classed as a success

Sir Gary could find a player, so could Tony Mowbray.
    recent years have been shocking in comparison.

There is always an element of luck one way or the other but what is not excusable is signing players like Anelka, Anichebe, Sinclair, Sturridge who either had known injury issues or disruptive attitudes.

Warnock in an interview was quoted as saying how Lazy Zohore was and Cardiff fans were constantly saying the same thing.
    Thats not bad luck its Incompetence

Marcus Rosenberg.🙈🙈🙈

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)