+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town Post Match Thoughts

A good win, we looked better balanced and a massive improvement on previous games.

An open game though and looked like a clash of two mid table teams.

Good game for Sky

Ref was a bottler

Brilliant result gave everything onto Tuesday.
    Harding MOM for me but we just kept going any going.
    I see the resident ****er on here is upset we won accompanied by a couple of others who were hoping we would lose.
    Sad *******s.

Much better without being convincing...that was a defo red card

Only saw the second half and sounds like I definitely had the best of it.

As others have said Ollie R seems to have recaptured his early season bite and we were pretty inventive midfield.

We also kept our shape defensively far better than in previous weeks.

Very good game management in those long extra nine minutes at the end. For once I felt quite comfortable we weren’t going to let it slip away.

Also a goal that resulted from a long throw in. We tend to belittle the value of these but they can work.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Much better without being convincing...that was a defo red card
    Mind you what do you expect from a ref that allowed us to take an offside kick inside the Ipswich half

As for their number 12, tripping and pulling back players all over the pitch, yet no yellow card

I thought we did really well today, every player gave their all and we deserved the three points in the second half. The ref was terrible but we see that a lot. I think that will be great for confidence and if the pigs can win tonight it will put the pressure on mkd and that is a good thing. The three at the back were excellent, reg and Harding are solid and it was bizarre not picking them either side of icky or wood in recent games. I liked the change when Miller went off, it cancelled out their number 12 who was dominating the early stages. No massive changes on Tuesday let's play our best fitted 11 and go for the 3 points. A great result and the crowd was excellent second half as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I thought we did really well today, every player gave their all and we deserved the three points in the second half. The ref was terrible but we see that a lot. I think that will be great for confidence and if the pigs can win tonight it will put the pressure on mkd and that is a good thing. The three at the back were excellent, reg and Harding are solid and it was bizarre not picking them either side of icky or wood in recent games. I liked the change when Miller went off, it cancelled out their number 12 who was dominating the early stages. No massive changes on Tuesday let's play our best fitted 11 and go for the 3 points. A great result and the crowd was excellent second half as well.
    Wednesday have to get a result to stay in contention. So I'm optimistic they might actually help us out for once

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Mind you what do you expect from a ref that allowed us to take an offside kick inside the Ipswich half

As for their number 12, tripping and pulling back players all over the pitch, yet no yellow card
    I may be wrong but I believe that, if a player is stood in an offside position, in the opponents half, when the ball is played but runs back into his own half to collect the ball then offside is given where he collects the ball

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I may be wrong but I believe that, if a player is stood in an offside position, in the opponents half, when the ball is played but runs back into his own half to collect the ball then offside is given where he collects the ball
    Really?

Must admit that change passed me by

I know our fans often have their rose tinted specs on with regards our performances but with regards the ref too? If Smudge went in for a ball on the opposition keeper like theirs did and got a red card we'd be livid. As far as the Rathbone push, him going down like someone in a slapstick comedy didn't help. Not sure where the other red was, Norwood on Ike? We have come out on the wrong end of a couple of those (Crooks and McDonald) but I still don't think it was a red.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast