+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rangers date switch?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...witch-26740025

Record reporting a change of heart.

Yep.... thanks for nothing Motherwell! Were our own fans considered first .... or even considered at all? Seems not. A question for the Board and Flow .... if MFC had made this request to Sevco do you think they would have agreed to it? I very much doubt it. Again thanks for nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by seasideboy View Post
    Yep.... thanks for nothing Motherwell! Were our own fans considered first .... or even considered at all? Seems not. A question for the Board and Flow .... if MFC had made this request to Sevco do you think they would have agreed to it? I very much doubt it. Again thanks for nothing!
    The board will absolutely have considered everything, why wouldn't they? If they reckon this (ie whatever we get to cover our expenses) is worth it overall I trust them on it.

However, from what I hear (as of now, subject to change etc) the game is still on Sunday as originally planned.

If it is still Sunday ....I'll be delighted! But I won't celebrate quite yet....

Thanks MFC .... frankly very disappointed. THEY were put before us. For the first time ever I'm wondering about renewing my season ticket and WS membership. Been an active and participating supporter for almost 66 years but feel very, very let down. You've let the dross take over your principles. Sailor Hunter must be spinning in his grave.

Justify as much as you like Flow... we as MFC diehards have been shafted! Despite our constancy we appear to count for nothing! Grossly, totally disappointed in you and those WE put in charge of OUR club. Feel seriously cast aside and let down!

Quote Originally Posted by seasideboy View Post
    Justify as much as you like Flow... we as MFC diehards have been shafted! Despite our constancy we appear to count for nothing! Grossly, totally disappointed in you and those WE put in charge of OUR club. Feel seriously cast aside and let down!
    Not going to shout you down SSB. Only being objective here, and I'm willing to be shot at TBH. But, from what I hear, we've been pretty well recompensed for making the switch, and for every fan who'd planned for the Sunday game I imagine the vast majority will be OK with the move. Had we not 'complied' the media would've torn us a new ar5e for not helping the Scottish team in a Euro semi, and trying to pump up the co-efficient. A no-win situation all-round methinks.

Indeed, I have a great deal of sympathy for those inconvenienced but I think the charge Burrows and the board won't have weighed up both sides and decided what they think best is rather unfair.

As for chucking STs and the Society...if that happened every time someone didn't like a decision there'd be no one left!

I agree it's a bit of a lose-lose situation for us. As long as we get decent compensation, though, I can live with it. Wouldn't it be really nice if we could just nick something from the game? Despite some horrendous performances, we have actually done better against the Blue Swarm then the Horrible Hoops recently. Where's the Easter Bunny when you really need him?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)