+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheff Wednesday

Sheff Wednesday

So ..one swallow etc. Sheff Wed have hit a vein of form at just the right time for them. However, a club of their size will be wary of failure, so not immune to a bit of nerves. Of course, the Alex have this one win and a change of manager but must still be very fragile. This showed up a little after the Wimbledpn goal on Friday. Suddenly it became just BSD and Offord playing a little passing game between themselves before the ball was lumped to nowhere in particular. Fortunately, the opposition that day was not good enough to take advantage and effective words were spoken that led to a change in attitude for the second half. Tuesday night will be different and I hope that, if we concede in the first half, it is sufficiently near half-time for the players to respond positively to a team talk.
    Bannon was the influence that stole the game for Wednesday last time and hopefully he can be nullified somehow. As boosted as my morale has been from that one win and three goals, I can't see us performing the trick again. I'm thinking 3-0 for the Owls. Hopefully, no worse than that.

I'm hoping we can keep it to less than a 3 goal margin, though like you a defeat must be likely, even if we'd been safe in lower mid-table. A draw would be a wonderful result - shame it was moved from this afternoon, so harder for people to travel.

yes, a shame Big TV got in the way of ordinary fans, again!

Loss 0-3.

0-2 loss for me. Hopefully we might get a few shots on target.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    0-2 loss for me. Hopefully we might get a few shots on target.

No pressure on Crewe tonight all the pressure on the home team 30000 fans expecting Wednesday to cement their play off credentials with an easy win, 1-1 draw for me tonight.

So, still a loss but sounds a bit like a brave fight. I didn't have the chance to even I-follow the game so would be interested in any report that can be made on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So, still a loss but sounds a bit like a brave fight. I didn't have the chance to even I-follow the game so would be interested in any report that can be made on these boards.

Yes a brave fight by all accounts and rode our luck for large swathes of the game, I suppose the only negative is only 1 shot in 90 minutes and you won’t win many games with that kind of stat. But at least Morris has made them hard to beat which is a start, with plenty of creative recruitment in the summer we should win more games next season.