+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: League 1 it is then

Seeing the fans today i think its going to be a good party next season, clubs like Morcambe, Fleetwood, Lincoln should be oleased we’re going to be putting money imto their shantys next season. Did you see today? 4000 we took and we’re a league 1 club

Its going to be a good time

I was there DCFCA, where were you?

I'm staying over for Saturday's game against Cardiff as well and will be joined by the rest of the family. Supporters, one and all.

Did CK pull out in December or was he pushed? Didn't he put a deadline on it? Did Q take the line that they thought they could get more or was it that CK's deadline might have been earlier than the process in place permitted?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Did CK pull out in December or was he pushed? Didn't he put a deadline on it? Did Q take the line that they thought they could get more or was it that CK's deadline might have been earlier than the process in place permitted?
    Glad you enjoyed being ‘beside the seaside’, MA,

For me the disappointment me is the things we have had to sacrifice since December.
    I fully accept we don’t know all/any of the details and that Q may not be to blame...but when you consider the players we’ve lost, at mainly ‘bargain’ prices, since December...not to mention the opportunities to strengthen that were also lost, while CK mosied over to investigate Preston, then it is frustrating.
    If what now looks like happening imminently (hopefully) had happened five months ago there is a real chance we’d have avoided relegation and the loss of revenue to the club that represents.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    No worries. Most of us are sadly all too aware of what the future may hold and just really want to see the takeover sorted ASAP.
    If you read this forum you’ll recognise that most of us recognise that it’s a while since we constituted any sort of example of ‘how the mighty are fallen’ but there’s no shortage of others...look at Boris Becker yesterday!
    Hopefully he won’t be the only ‘Boris’ to get his comeuppance before much longer and maybe Derby and your lot at Barnsley will be fighting it our to return to the Championship this time next year.
    The Championship is now a pipe dream for us. The mega rich current owners have no intention of putting a penny into the Oakwell coffers and won't pay for a new toilet never mind a new West Stand. I for one would genuinely like to see a northern version of AFC Wimbledon who would work their way up the leagues. That's the level of resentment felt by many supporters.

Glad you enjoyed being ‘beside the seaside’, MA,

For me the disappointment me is the things we have had to sacrifice since December.
    I fully accept we don’t know all/any of the details and that Q may not be to blame...but when you consider the players we’ve lost, at mainly ‘bargain’ prices, since December...not to mention the opportunities to strengthen that were also lost, while CK mosied over to investigate Preston, then it is frustrating.
    If what now looks like happening imminently (hopefully) had happened five months ago there is a real chance we’d have avoided relegation and the loss of revenue to the club that represents.
    As my Dad used to say, if your Aunty had b******s she'd be your Uncle! Lets just hope CK has his ducks in a row and the takeover is completed in a timely fashion and we start in league 1 next season with a functioning club that has a chance of promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    As my Dad used to say, if your Aunty had b******s she'd be your Uncle! Lets just hope CK has his ducks in a row and the takeover is completed in a timely fashion and we start in league 1 next season with a functioning club that has a chance of promotion!
    Agreed...and keeping Allsop, the back four, Knight, Sibley, Morrison, Thompson and the coaching staff would be a great start imo. Like to keep Lawrence too...but I suspect the temptations may be too great.

Agreed...and keeping Allsop, the back four, Knight, Sibley, Morrison, Thompson and the coaching staff would be a great start imo. Like to keep Lawrence too...but I suspect the temptations may be too great.
    We could probably have 3 or even 4 decent players for Tom's wages! So not bothered if he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    We could probably have 3 or even 4 decent players for Tom's wages! So not bothered if he goes.
    Yep...makes sense...the nine I mentioned plus three or four, suited to the more ‘rigorous’ demands of League One, and paid for by the saving on Lawrence’s wages would see us well on our way.
    Lawrence’s time with us has been mixed to say the least but if/when he goes good luck to him.
    I’d imagine the attractions of playing for Rooney in a stadium such as ours will see no shortage of takers...PROVIDING things are sorted properly and quickly from here on in.

That seems a big IF at the moment.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)