+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: League 1 it is then

League 1 it is then

So what most of us knew a long time ago has been confirmed and into league 1 we drop. For me the writing was on the wall
    once we lost players and were unable to sign any in January.

First though I think its worth acknowledging the fight of the players and the manager is keeping hopes up until now. Well done to all.

Now all we can hope for is that the takeover takes place as smoothly and quickly as possible and Rooney or whoever is in charge next season is able to prepare properly for our League 1 adventures.

Lets hope we don't start on minus 15 pts as well, otherwise it will be another season of struggle.

Thanks for nothing Mel, you promised the world and delivered disaster, it was your decisions and choices and mismanagement that has got us to this point, yes Covid no doubt didn't help but ultimately you took a massive gamble and then bailed, you will not be remembered as one Derby's better owners!

Yep, agreed on all fronts. We did better than I expected so no complaints this season, I thought we'd be down by January.
    Time for a new era, the last 15 years have been pretty dismal, including our flirts with promotion.

The one thing irritating me is the continuous “cheats” from fans of other clubs who have cheated just as much as we have, it’s unbelievable Forest fans taking the moral high ground for example, them along with various others are trying to find ways around those restrictions even going as far as to get an owner who can sell players to his other club ffs

But the big one is Sheff Weds “Cheating scumbags deserve it” errrr weren’t we both done for the same thing?

Shows how ****ing stupid football fans are.

And don’t get me started on the ****ing parachute scam to keep clubs like Fulham and Bournemouth away from having to abide to some ridiculous rules, spend what they like, pay what they like in wages and not have to answer to anyone ffs, all funded for in their 10k seater stadiums they still can’t even fill though... *whistles*

As for the likes of Jeff Hendrick, Mason Bennett well you truly see what cretins footballers are

We shouldn’t forget any of the sniggering and baiting from other clubs fans that’s for sure

Starting with Sheff Weds in their run in, hopefully the tw@ts fail and stay in league 1 the utter bellends

Ipswich fans have been quite reasonable to be fair

Ramshank72

The promotion battles were horrible because after 2013-14 you knew we’d fail in any similar situation, the club was destined to fail from them on. The vibes never felt right during those battles, esp when Lampard decides to drop the one lad who got us to Wembley and went in with no recognised striker in the biggest game in the clubs history. I’m still convinced that game was thrown out purpose and even lampard and others have hinted at since.

People willing Forest to fail though? Why bother? I hope they go up just to **** em of our radar completely, we need to set up new rivalries now a completely new fresh start a reset.

I’ve never understood the Forest thing, the fans are to similar for me to be a proper rivalry

Forest fans could easily be Derby supporters for example

Sheff Weds and Leeds would be more apt rivals, very different mentalities and sense of humours

Obviously Boro will now be a rival whenever we end up in the same division again

Let's not let facts spoil a good rant hey? Waggy and Marriott were both carrying injuries for Wembley which is why they both started on the bench.

He likes to have a good rant does DCA but is nowhere to be seen when we put a run together and started the climb, guess that didn't suit his narrative

Marriott and wag horn were so injured they ended up coming off the bench

Fecking hell lol

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Marriott and wag horn were so injured they ended up coming off the bench

Fecking hell lol
    Not fit enough for more than half an hour was the verdict so Lampard chose to bring them on for the last 30 and try to keep Villa quiet up to that point.

Obvious that you know bugger all about the game or tactics or player care.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Not fit enough for more than half an hour was the verdict so Lampard chose to bring them on for the last 30 and try to keep Villa quiet up to that point.

Obvious that you know bugger all about the game or tactics or player care.
    You have only just noticed Maddy?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)