+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League One Will Still Be Fun

League One Will Still Be Fun

At least there’s a club to support and at least the fans are honest proper supporting fans not the hob knobbing glory hunters that seem to think they have the right to say “welcome to the prem *insert name*”

And I’m glad we’ve got away from Forest as well, obviously would have preferred them over us but to be honest they’ve become boring anyway and I’ll prefer setting up new rivalries in league 1 ie possibly one of Sheff Weds, Sunderland or Ipswich and then there’s Charlton and Bolton and Pompey as well as Burton

It’s not even that bad a league nowadays with some proper football clubs down there

Good riddance to the championship for the time being, it’s full of parachute cheating clubs anyway

No, parachute payments, correct. However, doesn't L1 have a £125K a year wages cap? A wages cap that doesn't apply to recently relegated from the Championship clubs?

Not a parachute but certainly an advantage, provided you can afford to pay those wages.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    At least there’s a club to support and at least the fans are honest proper supporting fans not the hob knobbing glory hunters that seem to think they have the right to say “welcome to the prem *insert name*”

And I’m glad we’ve got away from Forest as well, obviously would have preferred them over us but to be honest they’ve become boring anyway and I’ll prefer setting up new rivalries in league 1 ie possibly one of Sheff Weds, Sunderland or Ipswich and then there’s Charlton and Bolton and Pompey as well as Burton

It’s not even that bad a league nowadays with some proper football clubs down there

Good riddance to the championship for the time being, it’s full of parachute cheating clubs anyway
    Of course League 1 can ‘still be fun’, although it’ll be a lot more fun if we can avoid a further points penalty, keep the players we want to keep and start the season as a level playing field.
    I don’t really get your ‘set up new rivalries’ and forget the Prem’ mentality though.
    You may as well say ‘forget all ambition’. Whichever way you look at it next season’s aim will be a return to the Championship and that will be a stepping stone to bigger things...that’s the nature of things at clubs like Derby, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday and without the excuse provided by further points deductions a prolonged spell in League One will only by viewed by most Derby fans, including - I suspect - yourself, as failure.

I’m looking forward to it Rama

I’m glad we won’t have the stupid Forest game to put up with, they seem to think we give a damn about being relegated but a lot will see this as a great opportunity to rid the stench of Morris and the old ways

I honestly think Forest are in for a shock as we now forget them and don’t take the games seriously anymore on resumption

As for advantage I’d bring the wages in line with the rules, **** trying to “cheat” our way out of it.

As for the prem they can go and set up their own little fancy one league and take the likes of Norwich, Forest etc with them

This isn’t a coping mechanism either it’s a genuine excitement for the future, we’ve finally got away from the utter stupidity of the Morris era

Even Brighton fans seem to have forgotten where they came from

“They can rot in the noddy no leagues”

The same “no leagues” they’ve spent most of their history?

Absolute prats

**** em and their hobknobbing glory hunting mid table prem finishes...

Got to love you DCFCA

Stupid Forest game
    Think we care about relegation
    Other teams show us no sympathy
    It will be fun

You keep conning yourself sunshine. You're as rattled as **** and the minute it goes tits up with a rough path. You'll be on the war path as normal, wanting everyone lined up and shot!

Then you'll vanish again, especially if the results pick up.
    You feed on negativity and turmoil.
    You are fooling no one sunshine,

Go away back to the Forest forum you utter pleb

You’re no longer in the same league as us so sod off

Emjoy getting ripped apart week in week out in the promised land, and paying £100+ for the day out pleasure, £60 a ticket to watch fancy Dan’s with girly nails and fancy haircuts and purly white teeth

Tw@ts

I’d sooner pay £10 and watch some proper honest football

As a fan base we shouldn’t ever want to come back to that toxicity anyway

I’d sooner the prem break off and take some others with them and we get the old divisions back ffs

As for Forest tricky

I’ve never even considered you a rival, you might think we are but we ain’t

I consider QPR and Leeds bigger rivals

And I consider Boro a bigger rival now after what their little curly haired little bast@rd did to us with the EFL

Sheff Weds another one if they stay in league 1

You have issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)