+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Preston(away)predictions

Preston(away)predictions

Probably the easiest game Preston will have all season.
    Will these set of players care its a Derby game?
    Will mowbray care?
    We won't make the play offs but a bit of pride wouldn't go amiss.
    Second in January,8th in April.
    All the players and mowbray included need a long hard look at themselves,as this fall from grace has been embarrassing and appalling.
    2-0 loss

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Probably the easiest game Preston will have all season.
    Will these set of players care its a Derby game?
    Will mowbray care?
    We won't make the play offs but a bit of pride wouldn't go amiss.
    Second in January,8th in April.
    All the players and mowbray included need a long hard look at themselves,as this fall from grace has been embarrassing and appalling.
    2-0 loss
    Another god awful gutless display. Another embarrassing defeat and one step closer to half these players and manager leaving who all have one foot out of the door already. Plus the better players go too. I hope everyone realises it wont just be crap like Lenivan leaving it will also be the decent ones. Make the most of this. Next season relegation beckons. And we wont be back after one season this time

It is very concerning indeed.
    I cannot believe a bunch of so called professionals can 4 months ago be putting in promotion style performances to what they are serving up now.
    All of these young players should be shooting for the stars,not trotting around like show ponies.
    No drive no grit and a clueless man in charge of them.
    I know I keep using Luton as an example but jesus,they had a quarter of our budget,yet they are almost 10 points clear of us.
    They are playing for their lives.
    Will they succeed in the premier league?
    Probably not but that doesn't stop them dreaming.
    A world away from the half arsed players we have performing for us.
    Arte et labore
    By skill and hard work
    The majority should be ashamed,as they couldn't be as far away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    It is very concerning indeed.
    I cannot believe a bunch of so called professionals can 4 months ago be putting in promotion style performances to what they are serving up now.
    All of these young players should be shooting for the stars,not trotting around like show ponies.
    No drive no grit and a clueless man in charge of them.
    I know I keep using Luton as an example but jesus,they had a quarter of our budget,yet they are almost 10 points clear of us.
    They are playing for their lives.
    Will they succeed in the premier league?
    Probably not but that doesn't stop them dreaming.
    A world away from the half arsed players we have performing for us.
    Arte et labore
    By skill and hard work
    The majority should be ashamed,as they couldn't be as far away from that.
    I got it wrong aboyt Luton. I think what your saying (& have been all season) is very relevant.
    They are everything we are not. They keep within a budget, have a good squad of players (like Bell) who they have got and improved. We got Bell (who was excellent for Fleetwood) and managed to ruin him. The fans base at Ewood is just as much to blame for that. They got on his back, decided he was the fall guy everytime we lost. And killed his confidence. The manager also ruined him, taking him and out of the side. Bell is a footballer, a baller if you will. A decent player. The Ewood clowns don't want that. They talk up people like Rothwell who will continually let you down. They are doing the same to Gallagher. That lad is a Centre forward. Asking him to be anything else is actually criminal. He puts in the most effort, every single week. But is the fall guy ....every single week. I find it sickening. And he will be ruined too. Meanwhile fan favourite Brereton is back being the absolute joke he always has been. And the bit that sticks with me, he is lazy.
    Nah, Luton aren't just a decent side with a good manager and hardworking. They have guts.
    They showed so much spirit vrs Forest and at Cardiff.
    Back in Jan, when we where still getting a few results, but not playing well, was pointless. You won't go anywhere doing that in Jan. If you are doing in April, it means you get in the play-offs.
    We are rock bottom with our confidence. We are getting no luck. But before any of that, for 3/4 games now, we have looked devoid of ideas. We aren't fighting, We aren't going out to win games from the outset.
    And a vast majority of that emanates down from the manager. No fight, no spirit, just a load of excuses.
    There are so many decent young players at our club. We are miles better than Luton. But Mowbray is unable to get the most out of those players. Luton's manager IS getting the most out of his.
    Its embarrassing. These 3 games cant come soon enough, and hopefully he is off after that. And we can start to build for next seasons relegation. I'm accepting that now. As after he leaves, the players out of contract leave, the decent players leave, a new manager will be in to pick through the bare bones. With no money, no investment we will be unable to re-build. And the likelihood of a good manager coming in is remote. So some unknown novice will have a monumental job on their hands. Relegation is an almost certainty.

Preston 1 Rovers 2

Great win and performance to match.
    Just a crying shame it had to come off the back of the past couple of months.
    After the horse has bolted.

That was by far the best performance of the season. What I find quite insulting is had they made a change to the system and used players like Gallagher and Buckley (who for me is one of the most complete players in the division if played in the right position) correctly when it was absolutely crying out to be changed we would now be sat comfortably in a play off place alongside crap like Luton and Sheff Utd who are no better than us. But we have probably left it too late now. Which I find insulting.
    Its ok to be wise after the event, but the system was crying out to be changed. It was no coincidence last night we played so well, using a system that actually suits the players we have. Had he ditched that 5 at the back a few months ago when it was clearly not working and playing classy players like Buckley in a false number 9 position ruining him was killing us, and our season.
    I just find it uncomfortable that we appeared to actively throw away our chances making me even more convinced this set of players and manager have no actual desire to try and go up.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)