Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
It is very concerning indeed.
I cannot believe a bunch of so called professionals can 4 months ago be putting in promotion style performances to what they are serving up now.
All of these young players should be shooting for the stars,not trotting around like show ponies.
No drive no grit and a clueless man in charge of them.
I know I keep using Luton as an example but jesus,they had a quarter of our budget,yet they are almost 10 points clear of us.
They are playing for their lives.
Will they succeed in the premier league?
Probably not but that doesn't stop them dreaming.
A world away from the half arsed players we have performing for us.
Arte et labore
By skill and hard work
The majority should be ashamed,as they couldn't be as far away from that.
I got it wrong aboyt Luton. I think what your saying (& have been all season) is very relevant.
They are everything we are not. They keep within a budget, have a good squad of players (like Bell) who they have got and improved. We got Bell (who was excellent for Fleetwood) and managed to ruin him. The fans base at Ewood is just as much to blame for that. They got on his back, decided he was the fall guy everytime we lost. And killed his confidence. The manager also ruined him, taking him and out of the side. Bell is a footballer, a baller if you will. A decent player. The Ewood clowns don't want that. They talk up people like Rothwell who will continually let you down. They are doing the same to Gallagher. That lad is a Centre forward. Asking him to be anything else is actually criminal. He puts in the most effort, every single week. But is the fall guy ....every single week. I find it sickening. And he will be ruined too. Meanwhile fan favourite Brereton is back being the absolute joke he always has been. And the bit that sticks with me, he is lazy.
Nah, Luton aren't just a decent side with a good manager and hardworking. They have guts.
They showed so much spirit vrs Forest and at Cardiff.
Back in Jan, when we where still getting a few results, but not playing well, was pointless. You won't go anywhere doing that in Jan. If you are doing in April, it means you get in the play-offs.
We are rock bottom with our confidence. We are getting no luck. But before any of that, for 3/4 games now, we have looked devoid of ideas. We aren't fighting, We aren't going out to win games from the outset.
And a vast majority of that emanates down from the manager. No fight, no spirit, just a load of excuses.
There are so many decent young players at our club. We are miles better than Luton. But Mowbray is unable to get the most out of those players. Luton's manager IS getting the most out of his.
Its embarrassing. These 3 games cant come soon enough, and hopefully he is off after that. And we can start to build for next seasons relegation. I'm accepting that now. As after he leaves, the players out of contract leave, the decent players leave, a new manager will be in to pick through the bare bones. With no money, no investment we will be unable to re-build. And the likelihood of a good manager coming in is remote. So some unknown novice will have a monumental job on their hands. Relegation is an almost certainty.