+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Latest??

Heritage Trail. Top Reds, the Heritage Trust lot.

https://afcheritage.org/heritagetrail/

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Was never going to happen, all pie in the sky stuff from a Labour party desperate for re-election.

If we'd spent all the money we've spent on plans, on starting to do up Pittodrie, then we would be at least half way there by now.
    Didn't this whole sorry saga begin with a gamble that backfired , that Scotland would co-host the 2008 Euro tournament

Then there was the Loirston carry on , more money wasted on the probably worst location of the three on the outskirts.
    Marywell was the one area where there would've been plenty space for the ground & parking for all the fans.

Local fans donated the Kingsford fields.
    DNA fans paid for the training facilities

& now they want the rest of the local population to pay for an overpriced 3rd rate ground at the beach.

Never going to happen.

Although they had a real go at brainwashing people into accepting Westhill.

The Donalds must be wondering why they bothered.

I don't know what the boys* who donated Kingsford must be thinking.

* I'd know who they were if Cormack park was named after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    ….now they want the rest of the local population to pay for an overpriced 3rd rate ground at the beach.
    I don’t think that that’s the case at all. I think that someone’s floated that rumour somewhere and it’s now being expressed as fact.

Why if that’s the case, was Cormack questioned about the inflated cost of a propsed move across to the beach, in terms of supplies, materials etc in the long-form interview he gave with Graham Hunter not too long ago, and which caused raised eyebrows on here?

Further proof that Aberdeen has the biggest quotient of curlers-in, washing-oot, auld wifies spikkin shyte ower their gairden fences in the whole fuucking land. Just fuucking stop it.

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/...et-7137949.amp

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Heritage Trail. Top Reds, the Heritage Trust lot.

https://afcheritage.org/heritagetrail/
    Thanks, I was aware of only some of these - that’s my next chance I get in Aberdeen to explore planned!

I see a big spiel today on the new stadium in the P&J. Cormack trying to put pressure on the cooncil as to how much a stadium in the city centre is worth to the local economy. Latest estimate to build the stadium is £80M (which really means £100M+ once you factor in the usual construction overspend) for a 16-18,000 stadium. Utter utter madness to be spending that sort of money on a sh1tty little stadium like that. Unless Cormack is going to fund the majority of it himself (which he won't) thankfully it is never going to happen, as the cooncil won't have the money either.

We just need to bite the bullet and come up with the best plan to spend money to do up Pittodrie on the basis we are there for the forseeable future (thankfully)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I see a big spiel today on the new stadium in the P&J. Cormack trying to put pressure on the cooncil as to how much a stadium in the city centre is worth to the local economy. Latest estimate to build the stadium is £80M (which really means £100M+ once you factor in the usual construction overspend) for a 16-18,000 stadium. Utter utter madness to be spending that sort of money on a sh1tty little stadium like that. Unless Cormack is going to fund the majority of it himself (which he won't) thankfully it is never going to happen, as the cooncil won't have the money either.

We just need to bite the bullet and come up with the best plan to spend money to do up Pittodrie on the basis we are there for the forseeable future (thankfully)
    Pretty insane bullcrap isn't it. Wicks will be in for some bonus if he pulls that scam off. We have some amount of charlatans running this club IMO.

They've missed opportunity after opportunity to acquire adjacent land.
    But even so , they could still part rebuild Pittodrie , if that's the capacity they're looking at.

redo old stands at Pittodrie & find a new chairman , somehow

I'm open to all suggestions, provided we stay at Pittodrie.

Perhaps the P&J had run out of total b0ll0cks to print about Union Street so went back to the fantasy beach plan.

I don't even know what the point is in making an estimate for a project of that size at the moment. The price of steel has only just started to flatten out but I'm hearing rumours it could rise again to near £2000 Per tonne. A price tag like that makes a new AFC home-sized project out of the question.

I'm up for moving but only along the beach.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast