+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Latest??

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    ACC can't even grit ****ing roads full of ice n snow!! There the worst council I've ever fūcking came across they should be shot the Cūnts!! Quicker I'm outa abz the better!! Depressing fkn place!!
    They're
    Come
    . They
    Outta (if one must)

But I won't argue with the sentiment (although I can't argue against it either)

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Better just to bide at Pittodrie then.

The cooncil can just allow us to build over Pittodrie Street to make up for all their s'hite.
    At about 500m (1640 feet) from the sea, there are plenty of years left in the old place.

Gayfield on the other hand is f**ked

Building a new ground closer to the sea seems a bit daft though.

The whole thing is a " how it could look" farce.

Could build it on a floating platform so it rises with the sea level. A stadium for life!

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    Could build it on a floating platform so it rises with the sea level. A stadium for life!
    If this appears as the next "how it could look" photo the the P&J then I'm blaming you.

Whole thing was yet another pile of steaming toldies.!!

Do not understand how they could not just build out over Pittodrie Street onto the old training ground/car park bittie to rebuild the Main Stand. It wouldn`t have to be any taller than now then ? And wouldn`t block any of the nearer houses access to light etc ? You could even dig down a wee bit below ground level to house the Tea shacks and all that. And stick a wee addock standing terrace all along the front of it, to fit the mentallers into, for some more pitchside noise.

Then just do something mini twin tier in " The Shed " , again with a current " low " roof height. Take a look at what the Dundeh yinited have done with their wee footprint. ?

Reckon the only reason it`s not been considered is stretching back to Milnes desire to knock the place down for Houses .......

Ooooft.

Our council co-leaders met Tory Bastŕrd for Levelling-Up last week to look at the auld New Market site which is being supported by Westminster cash, and about which both Nicoll (not a nationalist, but a head-hunted carpet-bagger, I hear), and Yuill (“who needs a library when the iPad is available?”) are making grateful positive noises. That Tory bastárd is toonser Michael Gove, friend of Charlie, E’d-up clubber, ex-Lang Stracht journo, and NUJ picket. All very polite, all very friendly and that.

Now, in today’s ***** (edit: Sibo censors ‘peněs’ now) & Jockstrap, the Minister has revealed that he has already held discussions (in January) with our chairman about a new stadium at the beach, which is now almost completely air-brushed from the council ‘masterplan’. Brother Gove, “revealed he has spoken with Aberdeen FC chairman Dave Cormack over the Dons’ hopes of creating a new stadium at the beach, for which council financial support currently looks unlikely. He said, “I’m sure that a path through can be found.”

“Mr Gove…refused to be drawn on whether taxpayers should help pay for the ground, which is predicted to bring a billion-pound boost to the local economy in its lifetime. He said, ‘I spent many happy…afternoons at Pittodrie, so it has a place in my heart. I recognise that there’s a conversation ongoing between the council and the football club. I don’t think I should get involved. But obviously, I think Aberdeen FC deserves to have the best possible stadium in the future. I’m sure that a path through can be found”.

COYR.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 01-05-2023 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Nae allowed to use the medical term for ‘stroop’

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Ooooft.

Our council co-leaders met Tory Bastŕrd for Levelling-Up last week to look at the auld New Market site which is being supported by Westminster cash, and about which both Nicoll (not a nationalist, but a head-hunted carpet-bagger, I hear), and Yuill (“who needs a library when the iPad is available?”) are making grateful positive noises. That Tory bastárd is toonser Michael Gove, friend of Charlie, E’d-up clubber, ex-Lang Stracht journo, and NUJ picket. All very polite, all very friendly and that.

Now, in today’s ***** (edit: Sibo censors ‘peněs’ now) & Jockstrap, the Minister has revealed that he has already held discussions (in January) with our chairman about a new stadium at the beach, which is now almost completely air-brushed from the council ‘masterplan’. Brother Gove, “revealed he has spoken with Aberdeen FC chairman Dave Cormack over the Dons’ hopes of creating a new stadium at the beach, for which council financial support currently looks unlikely. He said, “I’m sure that a path through can be found.”

“Mr Gove…refused to be drawn on whether taxpayers should help pay for the ground, which is predicted to bring a billion-pound boost to the local economy in its lifetime. He said, ‘I spent many happy…afternoons at Pittodrie, so it has a place in my heart. I recognise that there’s a conversation ongoing between the council and the football club. I don’t think I should get involved. But obviously, I think Aberdeen FC deserves to have the best possible stadium in the future. I’m sure that a path through can be found”.

COYR.
    In summary, referencing Gove and not 57V, a lot of words saying yer nae getting any feckin money but we will pretend that we will support it despite not having power in Aberdeen City Cooncil

Politicians of all divides are arseholes

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    In summary, referencing Gove and not 57V, a lot of words saying yer nae getting any feckin money but we will pretend that we will support it despite not having power in Aberdeen City Cooncil

Politicians of all divides are arseholes
    It’s the bit about spending happy afternoons at Pittodrie that surprised me most, to be honest.

These ****ers will say anything to make them feel like they are one of us, if they thought it would win them a vote
    Be amazed if he could find his way to Pittodrie

Still can’t see us playing anywhere else in my lifetime. I am happy with that

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast