+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: the last of many fans favourites

the last of many fans favourites

I have a feeling that the summer is going to be intense for villa fans. I think Gerrard will sweep away the vestiges of Dean Smith's team and recreate it in his own image... What does this mean? Players like Mings, Mcginn, Luiz, Watkins, Konsa, along with Ings, Bailey, Traore, Buendia, I can easily see being sold on. The problem we have with the players we have, is that if Gerrard wishes to follow the Liverpool game plan, we need to be able to switch from defence to attack much quicker.
    I feel that this will require two def midfielders, rapid strikers and probably Coutinho. At the moment are forwrds are simply missing too many chances. I can see a whole new team evolving... What do you think?

I think Watkins will still hold his spot but ings will leave if we can get Suarez

I would like us to raid Man city. One of Grealish or Mahrez and Stones would be nice too. James or Bissuma to for the holding spot.
    We need about 5 top class players to take the next step and challenge top 7.

My sentiments exactly Mondaze. When SG joined, the powers that be must have known that he would need his own players, to fit his style. We didn’t hunt down SG, to take on and run with DS’s philosophies.

Some of the eventual departures will have nothing to do with whether they’re sh1t or brilliant, but do they FIT SG’s game plan?

I think that he could start with 2 CDMs, 1 CB, and a goalscorer. And look at shipping out a CB, Luiz, Sanson, Bailey, Traore, Ollie, Davis, and Carney (unresolved contractual sh1t), now.

McGinn has earned the right to stay. A kick up the hole for Ramsey and Digne. Fully integrate Archer, Kesler, Chrisene, Iroegbunam, O’Reilly, and Bidace.

Simples.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)