+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley and the Ramadan stoppage.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Did I say that? I find all intolerance unacceptable whoever are the perpetrators. You clearly think it’s ok to be intolerant because others are. Hence the problems will never end!
    Did I say that? I clearly think it is not ok but you jumped to your own conclusion, however the original poster is entitled to his view whether we agree with it or not.

Up until 1974 the Sunday Observance Act 1780 prohibited professional football on Sundays, a day of religious observance. It was unthinkable that professional sports would be played on Good Friday and Easter Sunday and of course shops were shut. Christian values are being eroded as is witnessed by the closing of many churches.

Roll on 50yrs or so and don't be surprised if football is prohibited on Fridays or during Eid-il-Fitr.

Ramadam fasting during the hours of daylight as occur in the countries where Islam originated generally means around 12hrs, 6am to 6pm and anyone who has been to within the tropics knows how light/dark it gets quite quickly. The concept of fasting during a Northern summer when one is to distinguish between a black thread and a white thread at dawn and not at dusk is somewhat daunting and heaven only knows what what one is to do in the Arctic circle.

Whilst some footballers might make an uncharacterstic mistake due to fasting at least some airlines forbid their flight crew from fasting following fairly recent suspicions that pilot error during Ramadam were a main factor in a fatal accident.

It seems however that out of the fasting hours intimate relations are permitted with ones wives. For clarity of the situation read for instance https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5012...rse-on-fasting

Personally I used to think giving up Easter eggs during Lent was onerous enough.

...so ask the people of Rotherham about police and so called civic leaders their views on tolerance of muslim males. Ask what would happen to Christian communities observing their religious freedom on a Sunday morning in Saudi ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ...so ask the people of Rotherham about police and so called civic leaders their views on tolerance of muslim males.
    And Catholic choirboys and Indian women and...so on. It seems to me it's men who are the problem not religions.

Ask what would happen to Christian communities observing their religious freedom on a Sunday morning in Saudi ...
    So you've demonstarated that bigotry is bad. Yep. Try being black in deep south USA fundamental Christian towns.

What are you trying to prove ? That yet again you've gone purple with rage at something different to your Daily Express ideal world. Boo hoo.

...so ask the people of Rotherham about police and so called civic leaders their views on tolerance of muslim males. Ask what would happen to Christian communities observing their religious freedom on a Sunday morning in Saudi ...
    Oh, so you don't want to talk about footballers having a drink...

... you just want to throw darts at that religion in general? Just turn in into an anti-muslim thread. Quelle surprise

More manure from the black hoss orifice, an endless supply from both ends

... says the man who doesn't think the French way of life should be preserved ...

Swale, it might be worth just locking this thread. I’m sure you have better things to be doing, rather than worry about how far this thread will deteriorate.

They stopped in the 41st minute. Surely they could have continued until half time? Moving the kick off to 5.45 would have avoided the issue .

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Swale, it might be worth just locking this thread. I’m sure you have better things to be doing, rather than worry about how far this thread will deteriorate.
    Why? This board has been littered with politics over the years; nothing wrong with a bit of healthy views, just because some are more right wing than others, doesn't mean they need to be shut down; I'm sure most posters can hold their extreme views back to a certain extent, lest they upset those that trot up and down the left wing.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Why? This board has been littered with politics over the years; nothing wrong with a bit of healthy views, just because some are more right wing than others, doesn't mean they need to be shut down; I'm sure most posters can hold their extreme views back to a certain extent, lest they upset those that trot up and down the left wing.
    You hit the nail on the head with ‘most’ posters. The problem is the minority that go to far.
    I hate left wingers more than anything and have spent 30 years volleying them off the park, at great expense.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast