+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley and the Ramadan stoppage.

Burnley and the Ramadan stoppage.

Is this a new thing or has it been around for a while?

It's fast catching on.

I minaRet ford mosque at the moment, will ask around for you

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Around 1,500 years I think.

They're renaming the ground Turf Mahdi.

Of mixed Arab, Spanish, and Amazigh (Berber) origins, the Moors created the Islamic Andalusian civilization and subsequently settled as refugees in the Maghreb (in the region of North Africa) between the 11th and 17th centuries.

It’s become a bit clearer and obviously why the ground was so named.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Explain please.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Explain please.
    The premier league game between Southampton and Burnley had a planned break during the first half so players (in particular those observing Ramadan) could take on fluids and food.
    Given that football is inclusive. Or at least it should be. This is fair enough. Has it been done in the past is irrelevant, it will certainly happen moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The premier league game between Southampton and Burnley had a planned break during the first half so players (in particular those observing Ramadan) could take on fluids and food.
    Given that football is inclusive. Or at least it should be. This is fair enough. Has it been done in the past is irrelevant, it will certainly happen moving forward.
    I don't get it. If you are meant to fast you are meant to fast. If playing football gives you a special exemption why bother with it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    I don't get it. If you are meant to fast you are meant to fast. If playing football gives you a special exemption why bother with it at all?
    Think I can help. Kick-off time seems to have been 5:30 so the game would've started during the fast with the ifthar call mid-game probably. So any muslim players will not have drunk or eaten anything for 14hours or so and then been allowed to mid-game.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast