+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Ayr United

Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
    We have deservedly went down after a really poor season. The effort of the last two games is where we should have been all season.
    Ayr could have been two up before we even got going but after that we still had great chances. Paton did make a difference but has to score the chance he made or square to Lee Connolly. Junior and Cameron just aren't natural strikers but we haven't had a partnership all season that combined for each other often two guys playing for themselves. Connolly did see plenty of chances around the box but his quality was not there yesterday he does struggle out wide.I don't think the defence can take the stick for yesterday losing a cruel deflection and they have played behind a soft midfield all season. I think McGrory and Cochrane can only improve but they do need some steel beside them and McGrory in particular needs to win more tackles. As a team we are too nice.
    People who think every player is gutless and every player should be emptied are living in cloud cuckoo land.Our budget again will be bettered than many even a league down. We had too big a squad this season too low on quality, height, pace and experience. The likes of Rae,East, Fitzpatrick and O'Connor will all have better offers so we will probably struggle to keep any. I hope we don't pin our hopes on the loan market again as it has been more miss than hit this season.
    Lastly it has been heartening at least to see the response from the crowd to the last two games. It was really great to see so many youngsters yesterday. There still seems to be some love for Queens in Dumfries that seemed to be disappearing in the last few years. The board need to show this same passion and promote the club more. They need to be so much more visible. This would be the ideal time for some fresh blood on the board. As the old proverb says *Build it and they will come^.
    Absolutely spot on, excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
    We have deservedly went down after a really poor season. The effort of the last two games is where we should have been all season.
    Ayr could have been two up before we even got going but after that we still had great chances. Paton did make a difference but has to score the chance he made or square to Lee Connolly. Junior and Cameron just aren't natural strikers but we haven't had a partnership all season that combined for each other often two guys playing for themselves. Connolly did see plenty of chances around the box but his quality was not there yesterday he does struggle out wide.I don't think the defence can take the stick for yesterday losing a cruel deflection and they have played behind a soft midfield all season. I think McGrory and Cochrane can only improve but they do need some steel beside them and McGrory in particular needs to win more tackles. As a team we are too nice.
    People who think every player is gutless and every player should be emptied are living in cloud cuckoo land.Our budget again will be bettered than many even a league down. We had too big a squad this season too low on quality, height, pace and experience. The likes of Rae,East, Fitzpatrick and O'Connor will all have better offers so we will probably struggle to keep any. I hope we don't pin our hopes on the loan market again as it has been more miss than hit this season.
    Lastly it has been heartening at least to see the response from the crowd to the last two games. It was really great to see so many youngsters yesterday. There still seems to be some love for Queens in Dumfries that seemed to be disappearing in the last few years. The board need to show this same passion and promote the club more. They need to be so much more visible. This would be the ideal time for some fresh blood on the board. As the old proverb says *Build it and they will come^.
    It's frightening seeing what opposition awaits in league one.
    The way we are run, I genuinely don't think the BOD have it in them to get us up at the first time of asking. We are going to have to assemble a championship quality squad, aka living outside our means for the division something that seems to go against the club's way of thinking.
    The only positive is they want to keep us full time.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    It's frightening seeing what opposition awaits in league one.
    The way we are run, I genuinely don't think the BOD have it in them to get us up at the first time of asking. We are going to have to assemble a championship quality squad, aka living outside our means for the division something that seems to go against the club's way of thinking.
    The only positive is they want to keep us full time.

yes deek but full time paying close to part time wages ,there will be about 5 teams in that lower league that will have a bigger budget next season than queens so im expecting mid table at best unless we increase the current wage budget dramatically to attract a higher class of players ,to get us out of this league our board will have to fork out there own pockets to add a boost to the clubs income ,relying on matchday and arena income alone wont cut it .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes deek but full time paying close to part time wages ,there will be about 5 teams in that lower league that will have a bigger budget next season than queens so im expecting mid table at best unless we increase the current wage budget dramatically to attract a higher class of players ,to get us out of this league our board will have to fork out there own pockets to add a boost to the clubs income ,relying on matchday and arena income alone wont cut it .
    Out of interest. What’s our budget ?

Can't see the BOD living out with the expected league 1 income.
    To be honest this is probably our level till eventually the BOD jog on.
    No one really seems bothered anyway. There's no fight for any change.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Out of interest. What’s our budget ?

canny remember arrol but the championship clubs budgets were published near start of season with all other leagues and queens were second worst budget in championship arbroath were only team with less but arbroath had a miracle season where queens lived up to there budget ,a good 6 or 7 teams in the leagues below had bigger budgets than queens for the season .

Can't see the BOD living out with the expected league 1 income.
    To be honest this is probably our level till eventually the BOD jog on.
    No one really seems bothered anyway. There's no fight for any change.

yes deek that is what mugs me off the most ,seems like the queens faithful have stopped caring about the club putting up with what we have seen the last 5 seasons is just mental ,only way we will get action at board level is when these fans start to fight to turn this decline around ,the board have it far too easy with queens fans these days ,i want to see the fighing spirit that ousted harkness and co .i was at all the protests to oust him as were a good few who post on here baying for blood in those protests ,wheres this fight gone ? this current board are doing a harkness all over again ,i reckon queens will have to be near finished at bottom of league 2 before thay get the fight or near out of business ,i saw a post on the facebook page by one of the tanner fund lads saying about the cash queens have stashed away in bank the sums he was spouting make this decline even worse .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 26-04-2022 at 06:20 PM.

airdrie ,queens park falkirk ,kelty hearts, and whoever come down with queens will id say have a bigger budget than queens especially if a montroes wins the playoffs thatl be 5 clubs that can attract a better quality in our league .

yes deek that is what mugs me off the most ,seems like the queens faithful have stopped caring about the club putting up with what we have seen the last 5 seasons is just mental ,only way we will get action at board level is when these fans start to fight to turn this decline around ,the board have it far too easy with queens fans these days ,i want to see the fighing spirit that ousted harkness and co .i was at all the protests to oust him as were a good few who post on here baying for blood in those protests ,wheres this fight gone ? this current board are doing a harkness all over again ,i reckon queens will have to be near finished at bottom of league 2 before thay get the fight or near out of business ,i saw a post on the facebook page by one of the tanner fund lads saying about the cash queens have stashed away in bank the sums he was spouting make this decline even worse .
    Exactly Francis. Either fans are blinkered or the ones who had any fight have already walked away. How on earth folk can't see the demise is unreal.
    You have to be careful what you say but a lot of things wouldn't surprise me...

Exactly Francis. Either fans are blinkered or the ones who had any fight have already walked away. How on earth folk can't see the demise is unreal.
    You have to be careful what you say but a lot of things wouldn't surprise me...

yea most of the old faithful have gave up while the current board are in charge ,a few guys that used to go to the games week in week out now travel down to follow ashington ,some just stopped going and watch for the results on tv ,me myself have only attend here and there for last few season rather it an away game than a home fixture ,id love to get going again every week but i lose the plot watching the crap on the park these days and grudge putting money into the boards pockets .and alot of fans have found other things to entertain them instead of attending palmy ,this trend aint good for queens ,things have to pick up dramatically on the park to entice these fans back .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)