+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Queens v Ayr United

Please tell me he didn't accept it and stuck it back in the draw or auctioned it off??

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Please tell me he didn't accept it and stuck it back in the draw or auctioned it off??
    Don’t hold your breath Deek

Back here for a "one off" while that clown Albertzzzzzzz is fairly quiet.I may be wrong, but, It is noticable that, all the local members of parliament/council etc (and prospective hopefuls/The Lady Provost, who is a local lady. They keep bleating on about Dumfries, and how it can be improved blah blah blah, they never mention the club or enter the club draw?Just a thought? Do they care?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Back here for a "one off" while that clown Albertzzzzzzz is fairly quiet.I may be wrong, but, It is noticable that, all the local members of parliament/council etc (and prospective hopefuls/The Lady Provost, who is a local lady. They keep bleating on about Dumfries, and how it can be improved blah blah blah, they never mention the club or enter the club draw?Just a thought? Do they care?

yes bagapapa most the dumfries public especially the council /parliament people dont see queens as a creditable part of the community ,iv been trying to explain this over the years on deaf ears ,queens have slipped that far of the publics attention its scary ,the decline the clubs been in most people see queens as a laugh ,while our board sit back and run the club like a failing business ,someone needs to step up on that board and get the publics attention with some big talking in the press and get the interest back in the club ,get people talking about queens again ,fans and potential fans aint going to turn up or take interest in the club until the club start showing there a force to be reckoned with in scotland .

Maybe it's a favouritism thing I don't know but in terms of local support in general it's pretty dire for the size of the area.
    I know lots of folk who have gone over the years as a floating visit and just been put off.
    I still maintain we have a sleeping fan base that would come out if we started to do well and show some kind of ambition.

Maybe it's a favouritism thing I don't know but in terms of local support in general it's pretty dire for the size of the area.
    I know lots of folk who have gone over the years as a floating visit and just been put off.
    I still maintain we have a sleeping fan base that would come out if we started to do well and show some kind of ambition.

defo deek the fanbase is there ,just look at our average during the davie rae years we averaged over 3000 at palmy and we have seen some sporadic big travelling supports over the years ,one thing in common with all these times we see the fans turn up its when queens have something to play for the interest in this town and surrounding areas starts to get going ,the fans aint going to turn up first to put the coin into the club to get it going tho thats what the board need to realise ,its going to take the board to put a team on the park capable of giving queens better times and itl defo take investment outwith the current club turnover .

if only some of the other directors backed davie rae up when he had the club ticking and built all the infrostructure during this time like the areana and stuff that generate extra income ,but no thay waited until davie rae couldnt keep it going by himself and then jumped in as so called savours ,look where its took us .why o why didnt thay do all this to back up davie rae .

I'm still around. Don't you worry I shall return for Queens assault for the Scottish League One title in season 2022-23...

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    if only some of the other directors backed davie rae up when he had the club ticking and built all the infrostructure during this time like the areana and stuff that generate extra income ,but no thay waited until davie rae couldnt keep it going by himself and then jumped in as so called savours ,look where its took us .why o why didnt thay do all this to back up davie rae .
    TBF I think it was getting a bit out of control under Davie Rae, getting players in we didn't even need but if he had built a team splashing the cash in the Dykes / Dobbie era we could well have been in the SPL.
    I just see Livingston as a bench mark. Surely we are a bigger club than them and look where they are.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)