+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich

Well it was nice to finish on a relative high note, a draw that felt like a win, and most importantly for the team & fans to end happy with each other.
    I think it's worth pointing out that this was a team Artell put together, and if not for injuries, then if this side had been playing for the second half of the season, maybe, just maybe we might have stayed up.
    Bodes reasonably well for next season, if we can find a replacement for Lowry (difficult) and Mandron (hopefully not as difficult) It would also be handy to keep Ryan Alebiosu on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Well it was nice to finish on a relative high note, a draw that felt like a win, and most importantly for the team & fans to end happy with each other.
    I think it's worth pointing out that this was a team Artell put together, and if not for injuries, then if this side had been playing for the second half of the season, maybe, just maybe we might have stayed up.
    Bodes reasonably well for next season, if we can find a replacement for Lowry (difficult) and Mandron (hopefully not as difficult) It would also be handy to keep Ryan Alebiosu on loan.
    I think the penny will drop that the players had stopped playing for Artell months ago, the disaster junkies as we were called will be proved correct, I am still annoyed that we have given up our Div.1 place with such a wimper.

As for next season with Daft Dave in charge we would have dropped out of the league, no danger, Div 2 next season will be carnage with clubs like Stockport Wrexham and any from the following, Vale Bristol Rovers Swindon Mansfield Salford and Tranmere all going hell for leather, the Division will be as tough as it has been for years, the next managerial appointment will be pivotal, lets hope the recruitment is better than it has been, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Sass-Davies and Offord both did well but I'm not sure who was to blame for the goal as someone certainly switched off.
    Neither of them to blame for switching off - they were on their men (Piggott and Norwood) in the box the highlights show, when #21 burst into the area to slam the ball in as it was swung across. He ended up next to Lowry, but that doesn't mean he was his marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    I think the penny will drop that the players had stopped playing for Artell months ago, the disaster junkies as we were called will be proved correct, I am still annoyed that we have given up our Div.1 place with such a wimper.

As for next season with Daft Dave in charge we would have dropped out of the league, no danger, Div 2 next season will be carnage with clubs like Stockport Wrexham and any from the following, Vale Bristol Rovers Swindon Mansfield Salford and Tranmere all going hell for leather, the Division will be as tough as it has been for years, the next managerial appointment will be pivotal, lets hope the recruitment is better than it has been, fingers crossed.
    Recruitment has been fine up until the last 12 months and maybe we should look beyond "Artell bashing" for the reasons for this. Of course, he shoulders some of the blame but there is no doubt that blame lies elsewhere too. As for saying we would have dropped out of the league had Artell still been in charge, well that is at best wild speculation based on no facts or just plain bull****. I would have expected us to recruit better (particularly with someone with the specific responsibility for recruitment and nothing else) and of course some of our players who have established themselves as part of the first team squad to be better players and to show it a league lower. However, let's not stand in the way of more Artell bashing in spite of him having left the club!

I agree with all of that Timmy.

Cheers. I don't often contribute mainly because I feel I am in a minority and can't be arsed with the aggro. But occasionally I have to try and offer a bit of balance and, dare I say it, common sense realism

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Recruitment has been fine up until the last 12 months and maybe we should look beyond "Artell bashing" for the reasons for this. Of course, he shoulders some of the blame but there is no doubt that blame lies elsewhere too. As for saying we would have dropped out of the league had Artell still been in charge, well that is at best wild speculation based on no facts or just plain bull****. I would have expected us to recruit better (particularly with someone with the specific responsibility for recruitment and nothing else) and of course some of our players who have established themselves as part of the first team squad to be better players and to show it a league lower. However, let's not stand in the way of more Artell bashing in spite of him having left the club!

I would hope that the recruitment team start by trying to convince Lowery and Mandron to stay that would be the best bit of business we will do in the next window, without these players I think we will be in for another tough season because I can’t see us being able to recruit players of their ability and experience on our budget.

Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Me too.
    And me

And me. So, a few of us!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast