Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
Again, with respect, I dismiss that as rubbish. For a start, in your general postings, coaching is absolutely unnecessary so on that basis it shouldn't matter if their only experience is with kids!

The fact is, the coaching strategy at al levels at the club are the same so graduation to the first team should be seamless. Of course, in reality this is not quite the case as when they come up against experienced players there is a period of adjustment as these lads make the step up. Which is another reason why youngsters are integrated gradually.
To address your point about the wages we play, there is some merit in what you say although I would counter that by citing Porter, Green, Hunt and Nolan who would count as experienced professionals who seemed happy to come here.

I agree with you Timmy (you may sit down with shock) 😂 the club must retain an academy that provides players for the first team wether it needs to be cat 2 is a different question ? Coaching of footballers is long established although I do agree with Mike that a sprinkling of natural talent goes a long way also. I also agree with Timmy that a lot of the experienced players that have been brought to the club have been improved I think Porter is certainly a more rounded striker now than he when he came, Paul Green certainly improved at the club I suppose the counter to that might be Murphy who seems to have got worse but that all might have something to do with the individual themselves. I certainly don’t think we need to be ripping up the clubs strategy going forward after 1 truly poor season, but lessons do need to be learned and we move on.