+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich

Ipswich

'Nothing to play for' for either team except pride. This is perhaps something we need to see more than the opposition. Lundstram is struggling with an ankle but Alebiuso (sp?) and Uwakwe are both available. Perhaps both of them will be starters but perhaps Uwakwe can be utilised further forward as he has plenty of experience of that and has scored goals. Let's face it, anything to prevent Finney getting a game!. Will Murphy get a game as Harper is ineligible. Will Morris persevere with Ainley to carry the ball through the middle? I hope Sambou gets a start ahead of Kashket.
    Their current manager has been an improvement on Cook but has hardly pulled up the trees since he took over. I'm not going to go overboard and predict a win but will plump for a 1-1 draw.
    Hope there's a good send off for the team.

Hope we get something - my wife's coming for the first time for some years (the free season ticket holder's 1 game voucher) - my stepdaughter was but wrongly thought she wasn't working this week, so her Mum .... 2-1 win would be lovely. It's hard to believe Ryan Alebiosu will start without a game - though we were due to play Posh at U-23 on Monday, haven't seen any report on game - but Uwakwe may. With our dire shortage of full backs (though Johnson also making progress Lee Bell says) may have to be in defence, unless we can go back to 4 at the back tomorrow with Williams there.

I fancy us to win tomorrow, sensing some better vibes coming out of the club and I think that we will want it more. I'm optimistically going for a win, 2-1. Didn't think that I would be saying that a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I fancy us to win tomorrow, sensing some better vibes coming out of the club and I think that we will want it more. I'm optimistically going for a win, 2-1. Didn't think that I would be saying that a couple of weeks ago.

Yes I too fancy a win today against Ipswich an exciting encounter with a 3-2 win for the reds. Mandron with a couple and Sambou with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Yes I too fancy a win today against Ipswich an exciting encounter with a 3-2 win for the reds. Mandron with a couple and Sambou with the other.
    Nice to see you upbeat. Lowery MoM?

I understand that some people are still upset about a dreadful season and yes, perhaps, there shouldn't be any lap of 'honour'.
    Maybe they should be allowed to come out and thank the fans for their patience. The awards session are also important. True, the team hasn't covered itself in glory but there are young players who have done their best and shouldn't be blamed for the general performance of the squad. It's a question of timing and they cannot control that.
    It has to be, truthfully, Lowery as the season's best player. However, especially remembering last season's choice, I feel reluctant about it. Breakthrough player has to be Williams. Hopefully he has signed up. Or is a pattern developing?

2-2 today. Lowery definitely Crewe's player of the season.

Not too bad a game. Sort of went flat in the middle of the second half when we started retreating again. That was the only time that Ipswich looked better than us. Great goal from Lowery. Not his best game as his distribution was not great although he did a lot of tidying up. Thought Murphy had one of his better games until about 5 minutes before he went off. Lost his man at least three times in that short spell. Don't know how the sponsors chose Mandron. He seemed to be off the pace and often off balance when play came his way. Uwakwe had an interesting role until Alebiosu got injured. He seemed to be allowed to roam wherever from midfield. Think that might serve us well next season. Sass-Davies and Offord both did well but I'm not sure who was to blame for the goal as someone certainly switched off. It could have been the referee as the goal was officially chalked up at 45 +2, which considering there was only 1 added minute was annoying. Richards, again did reasonably well with a couple of good saves 1 to 1. I do like the fact that Long will always shoot but I wish he would temper it a little sometimes instead of always trying to break the net.
    So, only the one game left (at 12.30???) next Saturday. I shan't be going but fingers crossed for a decent end to the season.
    Went to the awards. Good turnout and no real surprises. Lowery was a little embarrassed and Williams didn't respond to McGarry's "Hopefully, we'll see you next season."
    Last edited by gazan; 23-04-2022 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Got the impression that Mandron was the son of the match sponsor's favourite player. Hence he wanted to meet him. Might be wrong but I think that is the explanation.

Going by the photo session at the awards, you could be right.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast