+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnsley relegated

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    by t'other Tykes. Sorry Acido.
    Yeah its not a good time to be a fan right now. But its a case of anger and loathing towards our owners, rather than the usual feeling of disappointment after a relegation.
    We're being run into the ground by this despicable lot who are known as the Pacific media group (PMG).
    They own loads of clubs around Europe, but have little or no knowledge of footy, and probably no interest either, it really is all about the money to them.
    It says it all that on Friday night, the English & French clubs that they own, were both relegated down to their respective Third divisions.
    Who knows, we might be seeing protests at our ground pretty soon, as we have 2 home games left against the Lashers and the Nobbers.

PMG ALK, all sounds frighteningly similar, hope we don't follow suit.

It was mostly unheard of when the Blacky fans challenged their unpopular owners, and they finally got their club back.
    But these days its a worryingly familiar site, seeing more and more clubs fans protesting like that, because of bad ignorant greedy owners.

Blackpool spring to mind, it's good to see they are doing well post Oyston.

Its a shame lads, that both of the Burnsley's have now been relegated. 😦

A lot of what your all saying tonight sounds very similar to what we've been through, and I know its a tough time.
    We had the appalling foreign owners who din't give a rats toss about us, both as a club and as a fan base. It was all about making money for them.
    We did have some better news though a few weeks ago, saying that they have been kicked off the board and can no longer influence any important manager or player decisions.
    And btw we're now showing an interest in Michael Duff at Cheltenham. Din't he used to play for and coach your team, alongside Dyche ?.
    Do you think there will be a firesale of your better players now, at reduced prices. Yeah like I say, we've had to endure all that as well, and it is tough to accept innit!.

Whether it's a firesale or not our better players WILL be sold,we're in big trouble financially.A lot of the others will be released as well as they
    are now out of contract.The new Manager,whoever it is,will be hard pressed to keep us in the Championship never mind bouncing straight back.

Michael Duff is a highly respected former player,I think a lot of supporters would be very pleased to have him back.

Tarkowski definitely will not resign, in all probability neither will Mee.

Pope, Brownhill, McNeil, Cornet and Weghorst will be sold to keep the money men happy and reduce the wage bill.

I have no idea what the kids are like because Dyche refused to play any of them.

I think Garlick might need to start thinking of beefing up his personal security.

Barrie, a few of our fans are saying Duff is underwhelming and that we can do better etc.
    But I reckon he ticks all the right boxes and I was pleased that we made a formal request to Cheltenham, to talk to him. Whether owt comes from it though, is doubtful.

How much debt do your club owe then, surely there will be enough in the parachute money to keep you competitive next season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)