+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BIFFOS Relegated Surely…

BIFFOS Relegated Surely…

Match abandoned with 11 mins left due to crowd trouble…good fo0k1n riddance…

According to William Wordsworth "Earth hath not anything to show more fair" than a fortnight's holiday in Oldham.
    Last edited by Total Idiot; 23-04-2022 at 06:12 PM.

They played out the last minutes behind closed doors, apparently. Still lost.

From the Salford board:

1 Obviously happy with our win (eventually) but football took a back seat today for me given the pitch invasion and the unpleasant scenes immediately after outside the ground. Have to say the pitch invasion was entirely predictable but the timing of it seemed strange given that Oldham had given a decent account of themselves and might well have taken something from the remaining 11 minutes. Thought the overall stewarding and policing, given the potential for disruption during and trouble after the game, appeared to be sadly lacking in terms of anticipation and preparation given the highly charged atmosphere, and I just hope that innocent supporters weren't caught up in the after match trouble. I will say though that I felt embarrassed at times to be a Salford City fan today given the way some of our support goaded the home fans with a series of 'chant's and 'songs' that showed little sympathy for their plight both on and off the pitch. I just wished they shown as much energy supporting our own team instead of 'hating' the opposition. I'm all for some good old fashioned banter with opposing fans but today was just cringeworthy and showed a complete lack of 'class'. I know there's no love between us and Oldham but we're all part of the footballing fraternity and to celebrate the demise of another team (irrespective of who we were playing today) due to rank bad ownership coupled with relegation just doesn't sit comfortably with me. It seemed to me that many individuals (who I've never seen before at away games) were not there to support us but to wind the opposition up which I believe had a contributory factor to what happened after the game. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned?

2 I'm in total agreement with what XX is saying about some of our 'new Salford fans.' Some right morons turned up today. I do hope that they don't honour us with their company at any further games - particularly not the* fools who thought it clever to break up Oldham seats and then bring large lumps of the blue seats onto our coach (having previously taunted Oldham fans by waving the vandalised-seats at them). I trust that these cretins will be banned from future matches.

3 Brandon scored the goal that put them behind. Then Barrow scored and their fate was 12 minutes from being sealed.....
    Brandon turned one of their players, and he feigned a serious foul. By that time the Oldham players were getting desperate. The Salford fans were doing the conga winding up the Oldham fans. Let's all do the conga, na na na na ....Brandon was shown a yellow card and that Oldham fan started to go mental after Brandon. That wound the others up and before you could say 'welcome to the national league" a pitch invasion had started on the stand near to us. The opposite stand then steamed onto the pitch.
    A line of police officers appeared and gave us the best defensive line up we have had all season.
    It was pure box office.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)