+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dear Liam Scales ....

Dear Liam Scales ....

Dear Liam Scales.

It is beyond question that you are up there amongst a shortlist of best performers for Aberdeen FC, and that you continue to develop.

I assume that your happiness re. playing for Aberdeen on a weekly basis overshadows your uncertainty regarding which colour of shirt you may wear in possibly less than a year from now.

Let me simplify ... if your agent has failed to do so far.

At the end of the day, negotiations between AFC and Celtic are secondary to what you and your agent set out as your aims.

So ... one simple question.

Do you wish to continue playing regular football with Aberdeen FC?

Scenario 1.

"Yes ... I wish to become a permanent signing for AFC and progress with my development as a top Scottish Prem defender."

[AFC] "Welcome aboard min ... here's yer contract, here's yer wage deals, here's yer insurances, here's yer perks ... see ye the morn"

Scenario 2.

"No ... Ah want tae play for 'rasellickbarawehbigmanbut'"

[AFC] ... "**** off then ... dinna let the door hit ye on the wye oot"

[CFC] ... "Welcome back Lee, Leonard ... err.. sorry, errrm, ... err ... Liam? ... go see the physio, then get yer airse doon the trainin ground ... an' lets see if we can get ye on the bench for a few games .... dinna worry son, we'll easy get ye on the grass for the odd 20 minutes when we're up 3-0 .... so scouts can get a look at ye an' come in wi' half decent offers we can haggle ower.

"We've nae forgotten aboot ye Larry, we're already speakin tae Scotty Brown about a jiggery-pokery cash under the table deal tae set ye up at Fleetwood where your development as a player will be enhanced and tested against the might of sides such as Peterborough United, Barnsley and Accrington Stanley to name but a few.

"We hope you will take the good advice of our physio and wear some splinter resistant underwear on match days ... no point in being injured whilst 'out of action' eh?

"Anyway, be proud to wear the badge of Glasgow Celtic 1888 ... you will be as much a part of the team as any other who gets to kick a ball in a 90 minute match ... an' always one of the family after we punt ye tae obscurity for mair cash than yer new club can afford afore facin bankruptcy.

"Again, welcome on board ... and, just in case we are nae in contact when we punt ye, Ah'll jist say 'cheerio' noo ... aw ra best pal"

The tims won’t deal with us. They don’t do helping other teams by offloading half-decent spares to them permanently. He’ll go back to the timmery in summer, and wi’ll be off to the English third division in the Jan 24 window, his CV enhanced by his time here.

It’s a jungle 🤔 out there.

He's a good player, but he's not our player.

If he was a Juventus player I would grudgingly say let him see out the season.

But he's a tim, so sign for the Dons or fück off.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    He's a good player, but he's not our player.

If he was a Juventus player I would grudgingly say let him see out the season.

But he's a tim, so sign for the Dons or fück off.
    Whilst he’s under contract to the green filth, the decision isn’t his, ours, or his agent’s to make.

Those manky ****s hold all the marked cards.

We can still send him back though.

Absolute disgrace, borrowing a player from them in the first place.