+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cormack needs forced out!

Cormack needs forced out!

As I've said fan ownership is our only hope because that c unt will relegate & ruin us. His ego and his self entitlement is slowly decaying everything in this club. Force the cuuuunt out

B0ll0cks

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    B0ll0cks
    Your comment is *******s!! Come back in 12 months and tell me that! The lying toryy c unt will not only relegate us but cove within 5 years will be muggin us off!! The club is ****INGGGGGGGGGGGG POISON! Due to tjat yank piece of maggot ****

What business model do you have in mind and is there an example in Scotland that we could seek to emulate? East Stirlingshire FC, I believe, tried it but I’m not sure in which league they know compete. Where would the money come from as generally in football the clubs which are successful are funded bye a wealthy benefactor, often from corrupt regimes such as Russia. The average fan wouldn’t have much money to put in, so I am at a complete loss to work out how such a suggestion would work, successfully. Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    What business model do you have in mind and is there an example in Scotland that we could seek to emulate? East Stirlingshire FC, I believe, tried it but I’m not sure in which league they know compete. Where would the money come from as generally in football the clubs which are successful are funded bye a wealthy benefactor, often from corrupt regimes such as Russia. The average fan wouldn’t have much money to put in, so I am at a complete loss to work out how such a suggestion would work, successfully. Please enlighten me.
    Fan ownership 110%! This man will drag our club to the pits, its worked for other clubs.

Not saying Cormack is the solution BB as it seems that he may not be, but which clubs in the UK are owned by “fans”, not being PLC’s, and are successful? How are they funded?

Google it, a few teams are either owned or part owned by the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Google it, a few teams are either owned or part owned by the fans.
    We could be Scotland’s answer to Barcelona maybe install you as President.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    We could be Scotland’s answer to Barcelona maybe install you as President.
    If you can't add to the thread meaningfully then please refrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Not saying Cormack is the solution BB as it seems that he may not be, but which clubs in the UK are owned by “fans”, not being PLC’s, and are successful? How are they funded?
    Probably the nearest example to us would be hertz. It is 75.1% owned by the Foundation of Hertz, which is a not for profit arrangement that hertz fans pay into on a monthly basis. They have roughly 8000 members paying in about £1.5m per annum that gets handed over to hertz to use as working capital. Similar to our dna scheme but that only nets AFC £600K per annum albeit our fans are contributing something like £1.2m per annum but get a bunch of that money back via free shirts/money off season tickets. Over the years they have also funded about £3Million of stadium redevelopment and bought out Ann Budge for £2.5 Million. The key here was a willing owner that committed from day one to hand over her shares to the fans as they repaid her for what she paid for the shares when she bought them after they went bust following the Romanov fiasco.

The foundation of hertz control the Board and therefore effectively every decision made regarding the club and how it is run but let's be clear there is no input from your average fan other than what directors are appointed to run the club via a vote. As I understand it hertz are then funded just by what they raise from normal footballing means plus this £1.5m per annum from fans donations

Whether we can replicate this would entirely depend on whether Cormack and pals would be willing to sell to a similar fans foundation for a fraction of they money they have invested unlike Budge who got ball her money back. Personally can't see it any time soon, maybe down the line once Cormack and friends are fed up with their plaything but even then assumes they don't flog their shares to another businessman to get more money back than they would from a fans arrangement

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast