+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cormack needs forced out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    If you can't add to the thread meaningfully then please refrain.
    Thats me out then.

The fan ownership model hasn't proved overly successful in Scotland thus far, I'd also say that it hasn't been tried with a club of our size.
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who runs the club if the club is run badly.
    Cormack has the wherewithal to be the right "owner" but we need someone, an individual or a number of people, overseeing "football operations" (scouting, recruitment, youth development).
    The man currently in the DoF role is singularly ill equipped to oversee any of those things, which suggests that Cormack sees the DoF job as a business orientated, rather than a fitba, role.
    But the job title is immaterial, we need a "heid-honcho" sorting that stuff out.
    In this day and age, a club the size of Aberdeen needs that.
    The days of Fergie and Archie deein' the scouting while Teddy sorted out the loons are long gone.

That's one of my main worries about Goodwin.
    He's espoused about being a hands-on control freak in terms of training and coaching.
    That's fine as far as it goes, but that leaves him ill-equipped to be directly involved in other aspects of "football operations".

Martin Gunn and Rob Wicks are a pair of middle-management-speak jokers who should be kept away from the fitba side of things.
    Let them schmooze investors and sponsors with their corporate-speak b0ll0cks and get fitba people in to run the fitba.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Probably the nearest example to us would be hertz. It is 75.1% owned by the Foundation of Hertz, which is a not for profit arrangement that hertz fans pay into on a monthly basis. They have roughly 8000 members paying in about £1.5m per annum that gets handed over to hertz to use as working capital. Similar to our dna scheme but that only nets AFC £600K per annum albeit our fans are contributing something like £1.2m per annum but get a bunch of that money back via free shirts/money off season tickets. Over the years they have also funded about £3Million of stadium redevelopment and bought out Ann Budge for £2.5 Million. The key here was a willing owner that committed from day one to hand over her shares to the fans as they repaid her for what she paid for the shares when she bought them after they went bust following the Romanov fiasco.

The foundation of hertz control the Board and therefore effectively every decision made regarding the club and how it is run but let's be clear there is no input from your average fan other than what directors are appointed to run the club via a vote. As I understand it hertz are then funded just by what they raise from normal footballing means plus this £1.5m per annum from fans donations

Whether we can replicate this would entirely depend on whether Cormack and pals would be willing to sell to a similar fans foundation for a fraction of they money they have invested unlike Budge who got ball her money back. Personally can't see it any time soon, maybe down the line once Cormack and friends are fed up with their plaything but even then assumes they don't flog their shares to another businessman to get more money back than they would from a fans arrangement
    I'll be interested to see how the diets' model plays out.
    I'm not convinced it'll prove successful, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Probably the nearest example to us would be hertz. It is 75.1% owned by the Foundation of Hertz, which is a not for profit arrangement that hertz fans pay into on a monthly basis. They have roughly 8000 members paying in about £1.5m per annum that gets handed over to hertz to use as working capital. Similar to our dna scheme but that only nets AFC £600K per annum albeit our fans are contributing something like £1.2m per annum but get a bunch of that money back via free shirts/money off season tickets. Over the years they have also funded about £3Million of stadium redevelopment and bought out Ann Budge for £2.5 Million. The key here was a willing owner that committed from day one to hand over her shares to the fans as they repaid her for what she paid for the shares when she bought them after they went bust following the Romanov fiasco.

The foundation of hertz control the Board and therefore effectively every decision made regarding the club and how it is run but let's be clear there is no input from your average fan other than what directors are appointed to run the club via a vote. As I understand it hertz are then funded just by what they raise from normal footballing means plus this £1.5m per annum from fans donations

Whether we can replicate this would entirely depend on whether Cormack and pals would be willing to sell to a similar fans foundation for a fraction of they money they have invested unlike Budge who got ball her money back. Personally can't see it any time soon, maybe down the line once Cormack and friends are fed up with their plaything but even then assumes they don't flog their shares to another businessman to get more money back than they would from a fans arrangement
    Good piece RZ min. Can only but hope as I think this is ***** for us in the long run. Atm I think hearts are nailed on as 3rd force for a while to come.

Good piece RZ min. Can only but hope as I think this is ***** for us in the long run. Atm I think hearts are nailed on as 3rd force for a while to come.
    Nah....."3rd force" generally changes season to season...a club might get a couple of consecutive seasons in 3rd, but that's about it. Swings/roundabouts. Lack of consistency kills all but two in the end.

Get the dodgy cūnt out! He's a lying tory rat! He bsck Doncaster and even though swaths of folk in media n TV are rubbishing his claims! He's a lying load & we have been shít since he came in and infected the club with his disease

What's he done this time to warrant the rant?

Get the dodgy cūnt out! He's a lying tory rat! He bsck Doncaster and even though swaths of folk in media n TV are rubbishing his claims! He's a lying load & we have been shít since he came in and infected the club with his disease .
    I suggest you start a crowdfunder to raise the millions that you'll need to hand to the chairman to fulfil your wish. I believe it's quite the thing now, what with dodgy handsy politicians having gone down this route to fund their legal battles even though they're ****ing minted. Maybe that's where Kwarteng got the idea for his planned stiffing of the poor in borrowing to hand it to his pals?

Good luck with that.

Get the dodgy cūnt out! He's a lying tory rat! He bsck Doncaster and even though swaths of folk in media n TV are rubbishing his claims! He's a lying load & we have been shít since he came in and infected the club with his disease
    Sadly he isn't going anywhere BB and he will be hanging around for a while longer yet. He would be well advised to stay off Twitter or at least let someone read his tweets before he posts as he comes out with some shyte. I get he doesn't like Rangers and likes to stick it to them, but I would prefer we concentrate beating the feckers on the pitch first than worry about anything they have to say about what is and what isn't a good deal for Scottish football as really they have no credability at all in financial matters and they along with their other half give no f*cks abour our game.

Feck fitba on TV as well, our game has went to sh*t since the days where fitba on TV meant Sportscene on a Saturday and Scotsport on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    What's he done this time to warrant the rant?
    Just woken up and breathed I would imagine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast