+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnley Match Day Thread

Your second paragraph Plater is with your supporters head on, on some of your thoughts I agree, particularly about Ronan and MGW.

However, if you put your commercial/finance head on it would not be good business to dispense with Jimenez (Mexico) and Hwang ( S Korea). They are both having a struggle this season, but they are superstars in their respective countries. They have helped to spread the name of Wolves world wide, and while they may not contribute through footfall at Molineux, their commercial value in sales in their countries is massive.

Indirectly, this should help to in part, finance new players and possibly help with ground improvements. The top people at Fosun are not idiots, look at the way they have developed new income streams at the club with music etc.

We all want to see us win games, do duels with the elite of the Premier League and Europe. But as we all know it now costs money, lots of money. (Newcastle have recently financed their stay at the top table).

We have a strong U23 side and an excellent U18 side, they are all working to the same model. Our first team are at times playing some good football. To me we lack a bit of physicality eg. Burnley and Newcastle, and the obvious lack of goals.

Eighth in the Top league in the World is a lot better than thir****th in the Championship, ask West Brom supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Your second paragraph Plater is with your supporters head on, on some of your thoughts I agree, particularly about Ronan and MGW.

However, if you put your commercial/finance head on it would not be good business to dispense with Jimenez (Mexico) and Hwang ( S Korea). They are both having a struggle this season, but they are superstars in their respective countries. They have helped to spread the name of Wolves world wide, and while they may not contribute through footfall at Molineux, their commercial value in sales in their countries is massive.

Indirectly, this should help to in part, finance new players and possibly help with ground improvements. The top people at Fosun are not idiots, look at the way they have developed new income streams at the club with music etc.

We all want to see us win games, do duels with the elite of the Premier League and Europe. But as we all know it now costs money, lots of money. (Newcastle have recently financed their stay at the top table).

We have a strong U23 side and an excellent U18 side, they are all working to the same model. Our first team are at times playing some good football. To me we lack a bit of physicality eg. Burnley and Newcastle, and the obvious lack of goals.

Eighth in the Top league in the World is a lot better than thir****th in the Championship, ask West Brom supporters.
    I would happily have taken eighth at the start of the season, as the season draws to a close I can't see us finishing any higher, there is actually a possibility we will finish 9th behind Newcastle. While the quality of football has generally improved a lack of goals and consistency in form have been our downfall... I remain happy with eighth place other than it may lead to Ruben's departure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)