+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley Match Day Thread

Burnley Match Day Thread

Team News:

1Malheiro de Sá
    15Boly
    16Coady
    27Saïss
    19Castro Otto
    32Dendoncker
    28João Moutinho
    22Nélson Semedo
    17Fábio Silva
    26Hwang Hee-Chan
    9Jiménez

Substitutes

2Hoever
    3Aït-Nouri
    5Marçal
    7Neto
    11Machado Trincão
    20Tomás Oliveira
    21Ruddy
    24Gomes
    39Cundle

Referee:
    Anthony Taylor

Looks like a fairly attacking set up, given who's available. I think think this is going to be a tough match, Burnley fighting for Prem survival

I think it is going to be a tense affair. A lot at stake for both sides.

HT 0-0. Wolves have had much the better of the first- half, but although showing some clever touches were still not able to take advantage of several good chances that came their way (same old story). Burnley had one or two opportunities Sa managed capably. If we maintain the pressure after the break, goals should come. Finger crossed, cos'we need this one. GYW.!

My God, I really don't know how the hell we have made it to 8th pkace. We could be playing until tomorrow and not have a decent shot on target

FT. Burnley 1 - Wolves 0. In the second half of this match there was only one team showing a genuine desire to win,,,and it wasn't Wolves. Sorry, but this was capitulation with a capital C.....thoroughly pi--ed off it's now goodnight Europe and goodnight from me...I'm off to bed. It's little wonder, Woodie, was getting fed-up with our lot of late. Total lack of consistency and will to win when it really matters...and tonight it mattered.

But it'll all be fine.

We'll get the usual "We need to improve, we weren't good enough, Burnley are a tough, tough side, we move on."

It'll be just fine.

The worrying thing is we are standing still, maybe even going backwards.

Other clubs are creeping up on us and there is nothing that will be done about it. Next season Newcastle will probably be in the mix for a European place so that is another club to contend with. By the way, that's the same Newcastle that are only 6 points behind us now after staring relegation in the face a few weeks ago.

We are only going to lose our best players to be replaced by young unproven players that all seem to be "one for the future."

We have one proven striker for Gods sake.

Sorry to sound so negative, I'll be forever grateful for the ownership that has got us to this level but I'm really starting to question their real intentions.

None of the clubs around us are pulling up trees at the moment. We really do miss Neves, and finding the back of the net is becoming a problem. If we finish in the top ten it will not be a bad season, but with Europe so close it will be disappointing if we miss out.

It will be just like Wolves to take points of one of the big three and lose to Norwich and Brighton.

Surely, Bruno must shoulder some of the blame for the performances against Newcastle and Burnley. Is it down to a language difficulty I wonder, or has he simply lost the ability to 'fire-up' our lads to greater effort. Perhaps I'm being completely unreasonable or unkind, which is not my intention, but lately when the camera pans to Bruno sitting on the bench, his sad face shows a total lack of animation. as if he really doesn't want to be there..... . then again it might just be my wild imagination.

Our main proven goal scorer isn't scoring goals, one might eventually prove the money paid for him was worth it, and the one we've promised to buy is useless!

Our lack of goals has been our achilles heel ever since we were promoted. I also now think the team as a whole is looking stale and needs an overhaul. I'd keep Neves, if we can, Moutinho for another season, Sa, Neto, Podence, Jonny, Semedo, Kilman, Coady, Ait Nouri and Podence from the main squad. I'd probably also keep Toti, Chiquinho, Mosquera and Silva, and I'd bring back MGW to the squad. I'd also look at bringing back Conor Ronan. Excluding the youngsters breaking through like Cundle and Campbell the rest can go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)