+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season written off

Season written off

It seems to me Gerrard has writen the season off. It appears to me that hes just using the time to look at who he wants ro keep or sell. Eg Bailey who doesn't really deserve a start or ings/Buendier who doesn't deserve to be dropped. All very odd

I would not say written off just yet Bongo, we have to play Burnley Twice, Liverpool and Man City!! We could be sucked in quite easily....we need a couple of wins before the flip flops can be come out lose against Norwich and we need to worry.....a lot!.

He said Bailey had been the best player in training Bong, making the point that working hard and showing the right attitude earns a start. Bailey I think is one of those who needs a different man management approach, build him up, grow his confidence etc. At the minute he looks very ordinary and isn't tracking back at all so I don't think he'll be in the starting 11 for long if that continues.

He's also brought Tim Iregboam into the fold as he further considers his DM options, especially with Carney's future in the balance and I'd like to see him played alongside Nakamba when we face City & Liverpool, we would then see McGinn,Luiz,Coutinho,Buendia and Ramsey competing for 3 midfield spots. Sanson is in the shop window now and won't feature again IMO, I also think vs Norwich/Burnley and Palace we will see the Ings/Watkins combo again.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)