+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

As we all know we don't like to make it easy on ourselves and we had the chances tonight to both return to the top of the league and 'secure' promotion. However, what would we do with a Saturday afternoon without something to play for I know I'd rather be in our position at 12:30pm on Saturday than MK Dons' and who knows, the icing on the cake is still a possibility?

Thoughts on tonight's events?

Don't worry Icky, sh1t happens. We will beat Gillingham on Saturday. UTM!

Hmmmmmmm

Didnt watch the game yet again due to internet issues, shame we didn't hold on 88 mins again just like at cardiff. However that is a great result really, MKD have to win now and Plymouth do as well so if MKD fail to win we are up we won't lose by more than 2 if we lose at all, a draw is no use to us on saturday so we have to go for a win to make sure and that is better I think. Well done to the team I hope they see it as a good result and we go to Gillingham and play to the best we can.

Fantastic first half. Sunderland weren't going to be as poor in the second half.
    Sunderland's slim chances of autos gone now and it's a 3 horse race.
    I really didn't want to have to suffer the nerves all over again on Saturday but we're stuck with it.
    The manner of losing the lead makes it feel like a defeat - In reality it was a good performance and a good point.

Gutting. Sunderland didn't have a shot on target the whole game. Brilliant performance overall. Just hope we can lift and go again on Saturday.

The first half was particularly good; looked like a return to early season form. Just hope that this wasn't the stuff of a future legend - "I was there, I saw it, Smudge missed a sitter and Icky scores a beaut to level it up. And the following week we...".

Anyone from West Norfolk going to Gillingham and want to share transport?

Couldn't fault them. Ihiekwe did he slip a touch for o.g.? Got to change it Saturday Kayode cause he's played for me up front with Smith. Harding left wing back for Tutu. Kelly to bring on if it's not working.

I thought we played a great game and tbh felt quite relaxed as we were seeing the game through. I could only see them scoring through some piece of individual brilliance or a freak. And that own goal was bloody freaky! I bet Icke couldn't do that again with another 50 attempts - it was perfectly flighted into the corner. Ffs. Echoes of Cardiff last year.

However, the point is very, very useful. Dons have to win now and what a tough game they have, as do we. But importantly a draw wont be enough for them so if we **** up, they will bloody well deserve to go up of they go to home park and actually beat play off chasing Plymouth

Gutted. Bloody, bloody gutted. But well played all the millers players and staff. That was a great professional performance and although a fair result with a draw, we were bloody unlucky not to go up tonight.

Roll on Saturday. See it home lads

Wonderful performance by the lads, controlled the first half well and looked acomplished against a good side with hostile support.
    Defence and midfield showed up well. Reg reigned supreme again. Tutu again found lacking in defence but hey ho.
    Did they have a shot on goal, the nearest was Pritchards free kick, although i must admit i thought it had gone in.
    Smith immense as usual, but what a chance to put it to bed and get us promotion,
    Then another blurdy own goal.
    Off to Gillingham now and lets hope we can win that one.
    It's never easy being a Miller

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast