+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Points lost to referees

Points lost to referees

I don't wish to exemp the team and managements for an abject season for many performances that have been below expectation.

However if we look at a number of instances of where bad (incompetent or corrupt?) refereeing decisions have cost us:

Dundee Utd A: Ojo sent off for not hitting a supporter (despite a hun not being sent off for actually hitting a supporter at Hibs) where we were likely to win. 3 points lost.

Scum A: referees supervisor accepts that 2 erroneous decisions cost us 2 goals. 3 points lost.

Scum H: Keeper not sent off for attrocious tackle. Penalty not awarded and keeper stays on. Likely 2 points lost.

Lavvy H: As scum H game. Likely 3 points lost.

All in all 11 points we could/ should have had.

As said, not to excuse some poor performances resulting in a poor season but those 11 points would have made a huge difference. Cancels out over a season my backside (being polite).

Point out if my memory is failing me or if bad decisions in our favour balance.

The SFA need to look at this viz a viz refereeing incompetence/ corruption. Bad referees need to be demoted even if that means bringing in non Scots to cover until we have a competent system for referee training (elimination of bias).

There's probably more examples but two recent games spring to mind

Dundee (a) Ferguson elbowed in the face by Fatty Adam right before they got a free kick from which they got their first goal - 2 points dropped

Ross (h) Penalty against Hayes that shuld never have been given - 1 point dropped

The only one I can think that went in our favour was St Johnstone away when Jenks handled before scoring - 2 points gained

Other notables
    The game against Hivs lost 1-0 when Porteous should have been sent off then scored the winner and then, like the livi goalie ,was sent off post match. (1/3 pts)
    In the games v Motherwell , van Veen in one and I can't remember the other guys name in the other should have been sent off for bad and persistent fouls neither were and they won. In the 1-1 game Mugabi should have been sent off for slapping Hayes in the face (2-4pts)
    V St Mirren we were 2-1 up and cruising Jenks was sent off for his only 2 fouls (1 where no contact was made - Note the difference to the above game) and we then lost. (3pts)
    In the 2-1 defeat to Dundee Griffiths was miles offside for the 1st. (1)
    Lost 2-1 to Livi away and stonewall penalty not given(1)
    In the 1-1 game v St J, clear foul on Hayes in the build up - When VAR comes in next season if the huns lose a goal in similar circumstances you can bet your life the goal will be disallowed. (2)
    Most of the season other teams have had carte blanche to fick the flock out of us with no protection from BitB
    So that's another minimum of 10 points they've robbed us of
    I flocking detest the hun BitB and their cheating but I suppose they say it all evens itself out at the end of the season... Like FCKU it does

All legitimate and verifiable issues. ‘Even themselves out’ my fat ‘arris.

I beleve the Jutes are still whining about the disputed throw-in taken by Stuart Kennedy, level with our penalty box at Tannadice in 1977. It was in the 19th minute and had a direct effect on Ian Fleming’s injury-time winner. Of course, since they hadn’t yet beaten Borussia Münchengladbach, most of them were still stealing from Woollies pick n mix counter, or honing their handicaps at that game played with sticks, whilst wearing those strange breeks.

The Herald Sports Quiz today: “Previously called a linesman, what is a football official at the side of the pitch now called?”

I’ve referred to them in several terms over the years, such terms normally using the adjectival prefixes ‘blind’, ‘useless’ etc.

“Assistant referee” apparently. Meh.

The club will never stand up to it because there is no backbone whatsoever in any of the fkn assholes in board level! And milne now Cormack are nothing but p usssys of the highest order!

There's an R in Arseholes.

We're not American, well not yet anyway.

I see that the galoot Grant Irvine (Billy Connolly may have been correct in insisting that one should beware of anyone with two surnames as a name) who fuucked us over last weekend when clearly out of his depth, has been described as “rookie whistler” by the Poop & Jism. Given a top division match to learn his craft?? FFS.

His reward for being thus exposed, and seeing the thug ’keeper punished days too late by the Compliance Clype, is to be handed this week’s brawl between Mason89’s home XI and Clyde.

The **** should be back at ref school, or at Optical Warehouse, Rosemount, Aberdeen having a test and fitting for Prince specs so that he can’t Gett Off with another display of outright fuuckery like last week’s.

EDIT: we’ve been given Willie Collum this week, to the delight of our manager who praises the appointment of “one of the most experienced referees in the country”. I do hope that he added sotto voce “at fuucking over Aberdeen after allowing Celtic’s winner earlier this season when their player was clearly offside in obstructing our player, the ****”.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 29-04-2022 at 07:45 AM.