+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morris and Bell

Morris and Bell

I don’t have any problem with the duo being given the job full time listening to them both on the OS they both speak well and have a lot of enthusiasm for their roles. Coupled with this and the fact there has definitely been an improvement on the pitch immediately, I think they deserve a chance. Hopefully with the new recruitment roles in place this side of the job will be more proficient going forward and we will get to see a much better first team next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I don’t have any problem with the duo being given the job full time listening to them both on the OS they both speak well and have a lot of enthusiasm for their roles. Coupled with this and the fact there has definitely been an improvement on the pitch immediately, I think they deserve a chance. Hopefully with the new recruitment roles in place this side of the job will be more proficient going forward and we will get to see a much better first team next season.
    Agree.

I agree also.

I am quite encouraged listening to them both. Morris is quite prepared to point out detail and that gives me confidence. As someone who has been here and working directly with players from a very young age, he will seemingly have the support of those coming through. What we don't know is how he will interact with incoming experienced pros.
    The pair seem a better bet than an outsider coming in and needing time to get going. Only time will tell. 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I am quite encouraged listening to them both. Morris is quite prepared to point out detail and that gives me confidence. As someone who has been here and working directly with players from a very young age, he will seemingly have the support of those coming through. What we don't know is how he will interact with incoming experienced pros.
    The pair seem a better bet than an outsider coming in and needing time to get going. Only time will tell. 🤞
    I can't imagine too many problems dealing with experienced players coming into the club as they will have already done it in previous seasons to pretty good effect. I agree totally that these two are the way for us to go. Such a lottery bringing someone in from outside and whether they buy into the way we do things here. Easy to be all positive in interviews to get the job but the reality of working with a budget of a couple of quid soon brings home the realism. Morris and Bell have the club at heart which no outsider is likely to have and as has been said, all the young players will know them and have worked with them so I expect them to be successful. Maybe not immediately but I think a target of mid table or better next season is realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post

Officially the new management team announced on the OS a few minutes ago good luck to the two of them

Wish them well, my only problem is if the board are going to act so quickly why not dump Artell before the January window and give us a chance of stopping up, the improvement now is clear to see I'm sure they would have made a fist of it.

Agree with T58, a decent mid-table finish or better should be what we anticipate for next season with a view to surge into challenging for promotion the following year.
    Of course, that does rely somewhat on recruitment.
    However, good luck to the new management team. Something to unite behind so we all want the same thing for the future.
    COYR!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Agree with T58, a decent mid-table finish or better should be what we anticipate for next season with a view to surge into challenging for promotion the following year.
    Of course, that does rely somewhat on recruitment.
    However, good luck to the new management team. Something to unite behind so we all want the same thing for the future.
    COYR!
    Recruitment massively important this summer, in terms of quality and numbers I am hearing as many as 12 players could be heading out of the door for one reason or another and you could easily say we need to replace at least 9 of them and replace the rest with U23/Scholars. It’s going to be an exciting summer.

Chris Porter is one - played his last game for us but wants to find a club somewhere he can still start regularly - National League?

He's been a great pro for us, and high on our scorers list with 54! Thanks Chris!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast