+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tam Courts

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Quite right. Fcuking arse piece.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Quite right. Fcuking arse piece.
    For me the club had to say something on this. The down side though is there will be a bit of digging from the media now which will no doubt break the story.

What an idiot. When he came back from his last injury he played his best football for us. I thought that the 'penny had dropped' for him performance-wise.

Apparently, his off-field antics (I have no idea what has happened) have been bad enough for the club to seek to off-load him ASAP.

I hope he learns from this. But it looks like it's bye, bye Butch.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    What an idiot. When he came back from his last injury he played his best football for us. I thought that the 'penny had dropped' for him performance-wise.

Apparently, his off-field antics (I have no idea what has happened) have been bad enough for the club to seek to off-load him ASAP.

I hope he learns from this. But it looks like it's bye, bye Butch.
    Quite a few hints dropped over the last few days that have alluded to who else i heard is affected by this, but i was sat in front of a guy in the GFL who went through a whole list of the rumours that were flying around and that would be the basis of a right good novel and follow up blockbuster film!

It is though very sad that he was part of our best defence this season, and if the penny had dropped like you say, i think we would have had a very good defence to take us into next season.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    yeah but if you look at how big the gap between defence and the 2 up front it was massive, so if the midfield goes to meet the Hearts defenders it leaves a huge gap behind them so it forced them tuck in.

Im not saying the midfield wasnt to blame by any means but you have to look at the full team.
    Agree with this. It was the same against the fun. The space they had coming down the right was freighting. Our 2 strikers have caused us issues all season because they simply can’t hold the ball and it comes right back at us. We’ve missed Harkes and butcher (although I prefer him at the back) in the middle. When we press we look decent but that disappears as soon as we score.

Was listening to Tam getting interviewed after the game, think the interviewer said it was 15 academy players had played first team football this season, Tam confirmed this was his remit when he got the job and was happy to have delivered. Fair play to the gaffer, it’s mibbee not been great to watch but playing that amount of young lads in the top division was always going to be a huge risk, so I’ll do a wee doff o my cap to him for getting us to 4th, and will salute him properly if we get a wee sunshine trip abroad.

Tam Courts & “here we go”?

I follow fabrizio Romano on Twitter…..he’s the Italian guy that gets all the scoops on major transfers around Europe (major! so very very rarely tweets anything about Scotland) and has just posted that Tam is being lined up by several championship teams.

Hope they don’t want pretty football 😄

I think the only people that will be surprised by this are Utd fans who watch the team week in, week out. At the end of the day, we have a young manager who has steered a pretty poor team to what could potentially be 4th in the Premiership and European football in his first ever season as a professional football manager. How many other managers have done this? Not just Utd managers. It can't be many.

I think the only people that will be surprised by this are Utd fans who watch the team week in, week out. At the end of the day, we have a young manager who has steered a pretty poor team to what could potentially be 4th in the Premiership and European football in his first ever season as a professional football manager. How many other managers have done this? Not just Utd managers. It can't be many.
    Absolutely agree mate…..most fans just look at results. Plenty times I’ve wanted managers for United based on how they’ve done with lower league clubs.

I mean if Tam gets picked up I’d defo want that guy in charge of Arbroath - what a job he’s done! 😄🤥.

The football has been garbage but when you consider all the circumstances he’s done a fine job. 15 academy players played, lost players in both windows, didn’t spend his whole budget, took on a team devoid of any attacking flair etc etc. he’s not fixed everything but it’s not fully his team either and he’s learning all the time.

His results this season have been exceptional. The big test was when we went through a sticky spell. We did that and he steered us through it and out the other side with a realistic chance of a 4th place finish. He deserves a hell of a lot of credit.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)