+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tam Courts

Tam Courts

Quoted in the paper last night:

“It is certainly not an instruction from the coaching team for us to be passive or sit on a lead.

“We want this team to play with a fearlessness and go after the second and third goal. That’s the team we are when we’re at our best."

So who is driving the passiveness ? Mulgrew ?

How about the so called head coach subs folk who are not doing the do and proactively does something about it, instead of watching with hands in pockets waiting for the inevitable

The stats that were posted by 777 showed our terrible record recently with leads

Still it is better to take the lead

Motherwell is a big game for our season - I’ll reserve judgment until after that !

This was a more interesting part of the article for me.

"Over the last three or four weeks, we’ve really focused on how we can get this team scoring goals and creating chances. This week, it’s about focusing on the full package and getting back to a team that prioritises clean sheets, defends its own box well and can also score goals at the other end.”

So let's see what happens at the weekend. We're capable of defending as we've already shown this season.

As for Mulgrew, I've said numerous times he slows us down far too much with his casual strolls out of defence. Would rather have Butcher in there. Unfortunately he's gone & shown what a true team player he is though. So we're stuck with Mulgrew slowing us down and Levitt trying to be the midfield anchorman.

Tam is hampered by the fact his strikers are pi5h and his midfield create next to nothing(thats down to fat Tony as hes the man who gets the players in and extends contracts etc)so naturally we go back to being passive after we take a lead and add in the fact our goalie's mind is on other things and he's threw in a few over the last few games so we can't even keep the goals out now which has been our saving grace this season and saved us from a relegation dogfight imo.

Time to go with the kids and really attack Well on Saturday and if we did that on Sunday v a Hearts side missing a good few 1st team players then maybe they wouldn't have got the run of the midfield/wing areas as they'd be more focused on what we were doing. We did it for the 1st 10 minutes then stopped......what have we got to lose? Mon Tam time to start walking the walk.

my point is, if its not coming from the Coach its coming from the players, then who is driving this ? for my money its because the defence is dropping to far so its either coming from Mulgrew or edwards

It's actually quite hard to put your finger on, definitely not obvious. tHeArAb suspects Mulgrew and that could well be the case. Midfield was a big problem for us on Sunday though, when Hearts had the ball the amount of space we gave them was ridiculous. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's actually quite hard to put your finger on, definitely not obvious. tHeArAb suspects Mulgrew and that could well be the case. Midfield was a big problem for us on Sunday though, when Hearts had the ball the amount of space we gave them was ridiculous. ☹️
    yeah but if you look at how big the gap between defence and the 2 up front it was massive, so if the midfield goes to meet the Hearts defenders it leaves a huge gap behind them so it forced them tuck in.

Im not saying the midfield wasnt to blame by any means but you have to look at the full team.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    yeah but if you look at how big the gap between defence and the 2 up front it was massive, so if the midfield goes to meet the Hearts defenders it leaves a huge gap behind them so it forced them tuck in.

Im not saying the midfield wasnt to blame by any means but you have to look at the full team.
    That's fair. Just goes to show how complex this is for mere mortals like me. And the view I get at the match is pish. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's fair. Just goes to show how complex this is for mere mortals like me. And the view I get at the match is pish. ��
    and to be fair to them Hearts are a not a bad team, I fully expect the Motherwell game to be very different as they are not a good team in poor form

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)