+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Released Players End 2021-22 Season

Gru just out of interest why would you want us to sign Barkhuizen rather than Grigg who you say you do not want
    According to wiki Barkhuizen roughly 70 goals in 360 games so 1 goal every 5 games Grigg roughly 150 goals 450 games 1 in 3
    Grigg is 30 admitted played most of his career in league 1 Barkhuizen mainly in Champ but he’s never pulled any trees up best he’s managed was 11 2 seasons ago Ladapo scored 10 when we went up 2 years back
    Just wondered your reasoning Personally think Grigg is the better bet

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Gru just out of interest why would you want us to sign Barkhuizen rather than Grigg who you say you do not want
    According to wiki Barkhuizen roughly 70 goals in 360 games so 1 goal every 5 games Grigg roughly 150 goals 450 games 1 in 3
    Grigg is 30 admitted played most of his career in league 1 Barkhuizen mainly in Champ but he’s never pulled any trees up best he’s managed was 11 2 seasons ago Ladapo scored 10 when we went up 2 years back
    Just wondered your reasoning Personally think Grigg is the better bet

I've seen Barkhuizen in person play against us at least a couple of times & on sky for Preston he looks a mib

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I've seen Barkhuizen in person play against us at least a couple of times & on sky for Preston he looks a mib

cont... mobile type of player gets involved at championship level. Grigg was surplus at Sunderland so I can't understand us being interested in him. For us what I've seen of him he can bring players into the game but I just can't have him as a forward in the championship you need more.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    cont... mobile type of player gets involved at championship level. Grigg was surplus at Sunderland so I can't understand us being interested in him. For us what I've seen of him he can bring players into the game but I just can't have him as a forward in the championship you need more.
    Over all his career he has only scored 1 in 6 games and has never scored more than 11 in a season. You do realise he is already 28 so according to your rationale he is nearly at retirement age. Get a life and start talking about players who are better than what we already have.

Btw Will Grigg is better than 1 in 4 and his best season was 25. Evidence!
    Last edited by pip_y; 14-05-2022 at 08:44 PM.

Barkhuizen is a winger and Grigg is a centre forward so it's a non comparison. Personally I wouldn't have Grigg now we are in championship but I would have had him in league 1 same with Woody which I think is a mistake giving him another year now we in championship but I might be proven wrong. I remember Barkhuizen tearing us apart a few years ago for Morecambe in cup but I'm not sure if championship is his standard or not but getting released from Preston who are a average championship club at best doesn't give me much to suggest he would be decent additional unless we drop down to league 1 again the season after.

He has had a injury hit season. He had 4 good seasons prior to this and topped the midfield stats for Preston during this time.
    Another one of those, keep him fit and he will be ok.

Had a fall out with Ryan Lowe over a new contract cracking player a good signing if we can land him

Would have thought with Blackpool,fleetwood,morecambe and Preston being his former teams I”d say probably Bolton is his likely destination.

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman;400h40154
    Had a fall out with Ryan Lowe over a new contract cracking player a good signing if we can land him

Remember who said him 1st? this time I've heard him mentioned before on here. When I've seen him for Preston he always looked a threat.

L2 Bradford release Callum Cooke, Caolan Lavery, Gareth Evans, Olivier Sukiennicki, Richard O'Donnell and Theo Robinson.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast