+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team to end the season

Team to end the season

The promotion dream is fading. There are obvious problems 1) never really settled on a team shape 2) never found a partner for Palmer 3) hardly played a single game with 2 wing-backs worthy of the position 4) lack of pace

This is what I'd like to see as a last throw of the dice, it gets our best player on the ball more and goes back to what we've been most fluent with

...........................Jaros

............Brindley Rawlinson Cameron

Richardson.....Rodrigues.......Palmer.......Taylor

.....Roberts/Nemane Wootton Sam/Nemane

A bit desperate I know and maybe too late to convert Ruben to Centre-Mid, but there would be lots of targets and runners for him and Palmer to hit. He doesn't hide and he's more physical and a better tackler than some give him credit for. If it's anyone other than Richo and Taylor in those positions then forget it, keep with 4-2-3-1.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 02-05-2022 at 05:16 PM.

Agree with the switch back to the back 3, primarily as it allows us to keep Richardson’s pace in the side (just can’t trust him as an orthodox right back) and the 3-4-3 as opposed to the 3-5-2 as it means Cal can stay in the side/his best position.

But think Rodrigues as a CM is too big a stretch, so I’d just tweak that position. Can’t split Rawlinson and Lacey, probably just go with Lacey as less error-prone but feel we lack bite when both Connell and DKE are out the team.

Slocombe (will be Jaros but favour his experience)

Brindley Lacey Cameron

Richardson JOB Palmer Taylor

Roberts Wootton Rodrigues

O’Brien slightly out of position there but think he offers something the other CMs don’t in giving us a bit of tempo to our play and a willingness to get about the pitch. Both Arter and Francis retain the ball well but feel it’s too samey with them alongside Palmer currently.

Not convinced by Taylor but would have been over Chicksen as that does give us a threat on both sides, though neither him or Richardson can really play in a back four against a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    The promotion dream is fading. There are obvious problems 1) never really settled on a team shape 2) never found a partner for Palmer 3) hardly played a single game with 2 wing-backs worthy of the position 4) lack of pace

This is what I'd like to see as a last throw of the dice, it gets our best player on the ball more and goes back to what we've been most fluent with

...........................Jaros

............Brindley Rawlinson Cameron

Richardson.....Rodrigues.......Palmer.......Taylor

.....Roberts/Nemane Wootton Sam/Nemane

A bit desperate I know and maybe too late to convert Ruben to Centre-Mid, but there would be lots of targets and runners for him and Palmer to hit. He doesn't hide and he's more physical and a better tackler than some give him credit for. If it's anyone other than Richo and Taylor in those positions then forget it, keep with 4-2-3-1.
    I for one wouldn't have either Jaros or Nemane anywhere near the team. I would prefer the following.

..........................Slocombe

............Brindley... Rawlinson... Cameron

Richardson.....O`Brien.......Palmer.......Taylor

.....Roberts... Wootton...Rodrigues /Sam

Was Jaros Injured today or 'rested'?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I for one wouldn't have either Jaros or Nemane anywhere near the team.
    Anthony Patterson was clearly an upgrade on Sam Slocombe and looks destined for the top level. I don't see a lot of difference between Slocombe and Jaros, in which case I go for Slocombe's experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Anthony Patterson was clearly an upgrade on Sam Slocombe and looks destined for the top level. I don't see a lot of difference between Slocombe and Jaros, in which case I go for Slocombe's experience.
    Yes, agreed , Paterson is now first choice for Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I for one wouldn't have either Jaros or Nemane anywhere near the team. I would prefer the following.

..........................Slocombe

............Brindley... Rawlinson... Cameron

Richardson.....O`Brien.......Palmer.......Taylor

.....Roberts... Wootton...Rodrigues /Sam
    I'm willing to listen to you about Jaros, but O'Brien definitely in the team and Rodrigues maybe not at all (after his 34 goals/assists this season!) is a bit..er...questionable

I trust we’ll score goals. I don’t trust we won’t concede. So 3-4-3 seems suicidal to me.
    I would actually go 4-4-2 with Sam/Ruben interchangeable.
    Slocombe
    Richardson Rawlinson Cameron Taylor
    Roberts Palmer. Job. Ruben
    Wootton Sam

If we don't make the top 5, the team to end the season could be the team we play away in the quarter final.

I think a few people are getting a bit carried away by JOB being MOM against Dover…

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast