+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ❔ Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Dover Athletic 02.05.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Squad rotation that's why. Although he went too far on Saturday IMO.

Plus whatever side he picks isn't classed as his strongest because we all have differing views of who should play. Every match you read Where's Vincent? Where's Sam? Where's DKE? Where's Cal You can't fit everyone in a starting XI

#whereswally
    Putting DKE, Roberts, Nemane, Brunt and Francis with no natural no 9 wasn't rotation laddo, it was reckless. Rotating players, keeping everyone involved is the right thing to do but you still need a core with some strength and height in it. We started with four players under 5'8" and Francis who is not a physical player.
    Would any other manager in the division have started with that line up with our squad knowing we needed to win on the run in? Not only did we fully give up on third, he's crushed the confidence in his own team and took the pressure off Solihull in fourth.
    We were never likely to win nine in the bounce so hopefully that's the defeat that breaks the run and we go on from here but dear me, have you ever seen us in the playoffs and collectively have so little belief that we're going up? I haven't and judging by the posts from across the board I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Not bothered… not going… bored with monotonous, pedestrian “Man City” football.

For tippy tappy…read clueless
    It amazes me, watching MOTD, how many times clubs with average players try this playing out from the back, a la Man City, only to lose the ball in their own half thereby setting up an enemy attack. A canny manager like me knows how to combat such a tactic with a high press. Besides, it might suit the purists but it's not spectacular, is it?

Notts 3 Dover 2

Rodrigues x2, Roberts

Why Francis is ever near a starting eleven I have no idea
    Bladdy useless like many others..
    This game should be a competitive 4-0 Notts ???
    Dover will throw everything at this game with absolutely nothing to lose so could be 6-2
    This game today really will show you whether Notts have the character to mount a challenge in the playoffs
    Your only as good as your next game

Just seen Dover are a whopping 35/1 to beat Notts at WillHill. Anyone seen longer odds for a team to beat Notts?!

Notts 6 Dover 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Just seen Dover are a whopping 35/1 to beat Notts at WillHill. Anyone seen longer odds for a team to beat Notts?!
    An amazing 50/1 with Coral!

Have Dover only got 9 players?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...v-dover/winner

Notts 5-0 Dover

4-2 us

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Squad rotation isn't necessary in a winning side so long as the players are fit. I agree we all have our own opinions who should play and who should stay at home but some of Burchinall's team selections and formations appear to be made on a whim.

Perhaps he's taking advice or perhaps he's inventing stuff up as he goes along, who knows? It's possible he knows what he's doing but to beat a bottom team 3-0 then next game lose to a similar one 1-3 after taking the lead makes a fan scratch his head somewhat.

#mystified.
    It certainly can be necessary if you are seeking to keep a good team spirit and harmony in the squad. Squads get you promoted not just the starting XI. I've seen many a time Notts on a winning run and people on here still suggesting different players to start or even a different formation.

Although his team selection was poor and backfired last match for sure.

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that he picks teams on a whim?!?!?! What are you basing that statement on?

Oh and I'm not sure when you are referring to this season but we definitely didn't take the lead against Aldershot, I was there to see us go 1-0 down early on after a very bright start.

#madeup

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast