+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rivalries In League 1 For Next Season

DCFCA, I honestly wonder how your even a football fan, just full of hate and bitterness never having good to say, why do you even bother

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Tricky

Im talking rivalries my man you utter gimp

You lot are no longer in our league or on our radar so do one ,,go and banter with your new friends up the road in Leicester you pleb

And we can make up whatever rivalry we want as well, its the new start for us now
    I think your whole life revolves around make believe.
    I'll just wait for Derby to lose their opening match and you to go off like a Saturn 5 rocket, running for the nearest bell tower. Sir Plankalot

As ive said forest arent even really rivals

Most Derby fans played along with it because of the Billy Davies connection back in the late noughties early 10s, esp with Clough here as well. I dont remember much of a rivalry between us in the 90s or back in division 1 in the early noughties. Other than brian clough and billy davies connection theres nothing to connect us and brian is cherished by both sets of fans

Leeds are our bitter rivals to be honest but theyre in the league above currently so we dont play each other but when we do theres more of an edge to it

I think forest care more about us than we do them thats certain, i think leicester are more of a bitter club to face as well

Sorry but those are facts tricky

And i can remember not even packng pp out for a lot of forest games aswell whereas leeds we always get up for

Forest is more jovial than a bitter rival

Fact

As ive said forest arent even really rivals

Most Derby fans played along with it because of the Billy Davies connection back in the late noughties early 10s, esp with Clough here as well. I dont remember much of a rivalry between us in the 90s or back in division 1 in the early noughties. Other than brian clough and billy davies connection theres nothing to connect us and brian is cherished by both sets of fans

Leeds are our bitter rivals to be honest but theyre in the league above currently so we dont play each other but when we do theres more of an edge to it

I think forest care more about us than we do them thats certain, i think leicester are more of a bitter club to face as well

Sorry but those are facts tricky
    Hmmm...I suspect that the A52 ‘Brian Clough Way’...the fact that the two grounds are just 17 miles apart...and the whole Brian Clough shared history of leading two ‘unfashionable’ Midland clubs to temporary fame and ‘greatness’ might just be things that ‘connect’ us.

Of course we’re rivals. At the moment we’re getting the rough end of the stick and other rivalries will emerge for next season at least. There have been times when we’ve been in the ascendancy and there will be again, but at the moment you just have to suck it up...Forest are Derby’s main rivals...always will be, and only a fool would argue otherwise.

I think it fair to say that there is a fool arguing otherwise

I wonder if, when he went 't pub', he bumped into his brain in a tub of mushy peas??

Barnsley are c*nts end of story

After what they said about us we should hate their stinking guts

Im going t pub

Feck off
    I personally don't recall speaking ill of Derby although I can't speak for others. In fact Derby are my second favourite team after their 4-2 win over Leeds. But it's a toss up as to which is worse. A c*nt with stinking guts or a basket case who loses sleep worrying about which clubs are bigger than others.

Also to say forest aren't in the same league as us is apart from stating the bleeding obvious is laughable and only really works if we're in a better than them or even a different higher league

The brian clough way was only added recently

When we played them in the 99 season i dont remember either set of fans caring to much about each other. It was only when we had the toxic billy davies at forest did we really start caring and that was mainly down to davies himself not forest. A lot of derby fans dont even care if they go up which tells you a lot

Forest and leicester oribably is more of a bitter rivalry, i can remember watching a game of theres when nigel pearson was in charge and both were chasing promotion and theyre was more of an edge to it

Derby and forest are more banter than fierce, neither really care enough to get into a scrap over it yet derby leeds, forest leicester etc theres of an edge

Ive never cared if we won or lost to forest esp the oast few years (since rowetts season)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)