+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rivalries In League 1 For Next Season

New Rivalries In League 1 For Next Season

I see the BBC have done a “derby list” for the premiership next season and forest v leicester is on it hhaha, so I think we should aim to put our own rivalry up for the new start in league 1

Wycombe would be on it of course although theyre in the playoffs along with two others that would also be on it ie Sheff Weds and Sunderland

Sheff Weds if they fail to go up would defiantly be a rivalry not so sure about Sunderland because they seem to have a bit of sympathy for us and they hate the curly haired little wazzock at Boro too so in that basis I hope they go up as its one lessbig club in the league

We also have Burton and possibly Mansfield as well so its going to be a fun time in my opinion

Ipswich know what its like to be stuck in the same league so we share a bond in regards to that

Barnsley are a muppet club as well so they can go on the c u next tuedays list

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I see the BBC have done a “derby list” for the premiership next season and forest v leicester is on it hhaha, so I think we should aim to put our own rivalry up for the new start in league 1

Wycombe would be on it of course although theyre in the playoffs along with two others that would also be on it ie Sheff Weds and Sunderland

Sheff Weds if they fail to go up would defiantly be a rivalry not so sure about Sunderland because they seem to have a bit of sympathy for us and they hate the curly haired little wazzock at Boro too so in that basis I hope they go up as its one lessbig club in the league

We also have Burton and possibly Mansfield as well so its going to be a fun time in my opinion
    How the feck can Wycombe or Sunderland be on a "derby list"?

Its either glue/mushrooms/ or spice with you.

Derbys? OnlyBurton I guess. Just not looking forward to that trudge to Plymouth

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Like it or not Nottingham and Leicester are the two biggest cities - it could be argued the only two genuine cities - in the contrived region known as the East Midlands, and they’re also less than thirty miles apart so of course the BBC are going to see it as a (potential) derby next season.

Our derbies are going to be Burton definitely...Sheffield Wednesday possibly and one of either Mansfield or Port Vale (again possibly). I’d prefer the latter because we don’t have a great record against Clough led sides.

Don’t understand your comment about Barnsley. ‘Proper’ club from a genuine and unpretentious football town imo. They’ve punched above their weight for years and could easily have gone the same way as the likes of Bradford, Oldham and Bury. All credit to them. It’s hard to believe now that Derby v Barnsley was the first (completed) Premier League match many of us saw at Pride Park. Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Derbys? OnlyBurton I guess. Just not looking forward to that trudge to Plymouth
    I quite like going down there, decent train journey and the grounds an easy walk from the station. Last time it was early in the year and we had about 2" snow in Derbys but luckily the trains till ran and we got there. Best option of course would be a match early or late in the season and then one can make a weekend of it and enjoy the delights of Devon!

Depending upon promotions, there are a number of clubs we have met in the championship or even the prem last time we were there - the Owls (really hope they don't go up) Ipswich, Charlton, Sunderland, Bolton, Portsmouth.
    Last edited by swaledale; 01-05-2022 at 09:48 AM.

Tricky

Im talking rivalries my man you utter gimp

You lot are no longer in our league or on our radar so do one ,,go and banter with your new friends up the road in Leicester you pleb

And we can make up whatever rivalry we want as well, its the new start for us now

Wycombe and Sheff Weds if they both stay in league 1 are our main rivals persoanlly

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Like it or not Nottingham and Leicester are the two biggest cities - it could be argued the only two genuine cities - in the contrived region known as the East Midlands, and they’re also less than thirty miles apart so of course the BBC are going to see it as a (potential) derby next season.

Our derbies are going to be Burton definitely...Sheffield Wednesday possibly and one of either Mansfield or Port Vale (again possibly). I’d prefer the latter because we don’t have a great record against Clough led sides.

Don’t understand your comment about Barnsley. ‘Proper’ club from a genuine and unpretentious football town imo. They’ve punched above their weight for years and could easily have gone the same way as the likes of Bradford, Oldham and Bury. All credit to them. It’s hard to believe now that Derby v Barnsley was the first (completed) Premier League match many of us saw at Pride Park. Happy days!

Barnsley are c*nts end of story

After what they said about us we should hate their stinking guts

Im going t pub

Feck off

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    How the feck can Wycombe or Sunderland be on a "derby list"?

Its either glue/mushrooms/ or spice with you.

As i said above

Its our right to pick whoever we want mush

Do one

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)