+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hibernian v Aberdeen 7th May Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    less optimistic after hearing him say it's the subs that are outgoing.

I don't know which way to take that.
    No wonder the subs have had the appearance lately of a queue for death row but without their final favourite meal.

Hopefully it means he hasn't been able to get rid of Gallacher and Bates YET.

Decent day out. Was stood next to the drummer boy so my hearing is a bit fragile. Fair play to him though for banging on all day and keeping the fairly large support going.
    Lewis was decent again. Strange he has come back on to a game the past week after being poor all year.
    Defence played okay, they put their bodies on the line a few times with last minute blocks.
    Midfield was average, it did look like the pace was too much for Polvara. Jury is still out on him.
    Besuilen and Watkins very poor today. Watkins is just pi$h with the heart of a mouse.
    Subs done nothing at all, apart from Ojo putting in no challenge at all for the equaliser.
    Good to see Andy on the pitch.
    Ref was shyte as usual. Giving Hibs all the small decisions. I’m not really sure of the rules. But for their indirect free kick, it went sideways along the goal line. Is that still a foul?

He did not much more than put his foot on the ball.

Mind you, look who the referee was.

I didn’t realise that Considine had come on.

I hope Goodwin doesn’t think that that’s his promise to give him a run fulfilled.

Even if there’s been a major falling out, it’s going to come over as very petty if he doesn’t play him against St.Mirren.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 08-05-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    less optimistic after hearing him say it's the subs that are outgoing.

I don't know which way to take that.
    I read it as him trying to justify his reasons for the team selection.

“A chance for them to show they want to be here”.

I think he got his answer from a few.

The decision to put Ojo on at RB cost us the game. A guy he’s already told he doesnt want, yet he plays him out of position in an already shaky defence when we’re 1-0 up. Unsurprisingly, his complete lack of pace, lack of ability to put in a tackle, or cut out the cross by getting tight enough to his man, cost us the goal.

Another very poor decision by Goodwin, far from the first too.

I am a little concerned…

A draw was a fair result and we looked better overall than we have done, just a pity we couldn't have got the three points and clean sheet to help boost our confidence, but the story of our season.

Going to be a tough game for us at Perth on Wednesday, they will kick fu ck out of us and be interesting to see how we cope with it this time around.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345