+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: next season

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What is the point of having other directors if one man is making all the decisions with him continually getting the big decisions wrong.
    I think the point is that the other directors are needed to question the "big decisions" being made. McGhee must have been a suggestion from Gordon Strachan surely John Nelms did not come up with that idea by himself. It seems to me that we have a management structure that appears to place all the football decisions in the hands of the manager. I say "appears" because I don't think we really know what budget restraints are placed on the manager. It looks as though we have been relying on old er players who have some affinity with the manager of the moment, either that or some agents seem to be favoured.

I think we need to start from our goal keeper, central defence and a striker who is athletic healthy and is scoring goals at the moment. Get a solid central core and we should be much better organised. For that to happen we need to recruit players who fit in to a team strategy, rather than trying to fit the team strategy around the players who happen to be fit/available on any given match day.

I have no confidence in McGhee/Rusk and hope that they perform a miracle and keep us up and then voluntarily leave for brighter prospects down South, with their status enhanced and our thabnks for a job done.

i just wonder if NELMS might finally get the choice of manager right this time.

i have a quote from John Nelms during a recent amiable conversation with a member of my family, regarding the teams current position
    of bottom of the league.

"an inexperienced manager, and staying loyal to the players who won promotion "

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    i just wonder if NELMS might finally get the choice of manager right this time.

i have a quote from John Nelms during a recent amiable conversation with a member of my family, regarding the teams current position
    of bottom of the league.

"an inexperienced manager, and staying loyal to the players who won promotion "
    EXACTLY. I thought the promise of sticking with the guys who got us promoted was the only reason they won promotion and McPake was true to his word. He repeatedly made the same mistakes like seeming to forget that Gowser isn't good out wide and his undermining of Cummings by signing Griffiths was his biggest mistake. There were a few who predicted Griffiths was finished but it seemed to me the real disaster was the injury to Sheridan whose size and ability to play to hold up the ball was badly missed.

hopefully plans are being made to deal with either the likely relegation or a very unlikely escape from relegation. I doubt that McGhee and Rusk would be anyone's choice of manager in either situation, and hopefully the man who makes thee decisions will have realised that a change is needed.

The problem is the last time a change was needed,and by his own admission Nelms took a month to do it. he spent that month looking at possible replacements and went with mcghee.

We could be looking at the surviving chuckle brother for next season,or someone from love Island.

Both options look better than the current manager right enough,and that at least is a step in the right direction I suppose....

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think the point is that the other directors are needed to question the "big decisions" being made. McGhee must have been a suggestion from Gordon Strachan surely John Nelms did not come up with that idea by himself. It seems to me that we have a management structure that appears to place all the football decisions in the hands of the manager. I say "appears" because I don't think we really know what budget restraints are placed on the manager. It looks as though we have been relying on old er players who have some affinity with the manager of the moment, either that or some agents seem to be favoured.

I think we need to start from our goal keeper, central defence and a striker who is athletic healthy and is scoring goals at the moment. Get a solid central core and we should be much better organised. For that to happen we need to recruit players who fit in to a team strategy, rather than trying to fit the team strategy around the players who happen to be fit/available on any given match day.

I have no confidence in McGhee/Rusk and hope that they perform a miracle and keep us up and then voluntarily leave for brighter prospects down South, with their status enhanced and our thabnks for a job done.
    McGhee and Rusk albeit the other way round with Rusk in charge were hopeless as the management team at Stockport County before they were sacked last October (2021).

My thoughts are if we lose today and StJ win then Rusk and McGhee have failed and need have no part to play in the future directon of our club.
    Give the final games to the senior players to organise and start with a new manager in place before the ST prices are announced.

Surely they have failed already?? 11 on the spin without a win?

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Surely they have failed already?? 11 on the spin without a win?
    I was being charitable. Still miracles happen and if they do get us to 11th then I think that is what they said they would do. They started in 11th but after the disastrous window which seemed to weaken our team significantly I think they were given a hospital pass by Nelms and McPake.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I was being charitable. Still miracles happen and if they do get us to 11th then I think that is what they said they would do. They started in 11th but after the disastrous window which seemed to weaken our team significantly I think they were given a hospital pass by Nelms and McPake.
    Sadly it is now 12 games without a win but will Nelms take action and sack McGhee and Rusk.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Sadly it is now 12 games without a win but will Nelms take action and sack McGhee and Rusk.
    But your mate refross or whatever his name said their was huge improvement when mr Mcgoo first took over ,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)