+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: next season

next season

after the Hibs game, i expect we will find out who the manger will be for next season in the championship.
    i just hope its not Mark Mcghee as i cant see many people buying season tickets if he retains the post of manager.
    Hopefully the penny has dropped for NELMS, and we get a experienced manager with a good track record, and is given time to build a squad for the championship.
    i expect a few players will be moving on, and i have made a list of players that i would like see being retained..

i have made the list with existing squad numbers, except for Charlie, who will maybe retire.

1- Legzdins
    30-Harry Sharp
    2- Kerr
    3- Marshall
    4- Fontaine
    5- Sweeny
    6-Mcghee
    9-Mullen
    14- Ashcroft
    15- Mulligan
    17=McCowan
    19-Robertson
    24-Anderson

there may be one or two not on the list, who might still be in contract.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    after the Hibs game, i expect we will find out who the manger will be for next season in the championship.
    i just hope its not Mark Mcghee as i cant see many people buying season tickets if he retains the post of manager.
    Hopefully the penny has dropped for NELMS, and we get a experienced manager with a good track record, and is given time to build a squad for the championship.
    i expect a few players will be moving on, and i have made a list of players that i would like see being retained..

i have made the list with existing squad numbers, except for Charlie, who will maybe retire.

1- Legzdins
    30-Harry Sharp
    2- Kerr
    3- Marshall
    4- Fontaine
    5- Sweeny
    6-Mcghee
    9-Mullen
    14- Ashcroft
    15- Mulligan
    17=McCowan
    19-Robertson
    24-Anderson

there may be one or two not on the list, who might still be in contract.
    I would add Byrne rudden and mcmullen,lose Fontaine.

Even keeping everyone,we probably need 2 fullbacks,at least one centre half and another striker.

And a new chairman

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post

Even keeping everyone,we probably need 2 fullbacks,at least one centre half and another striker.

And a new chairman
    Apart from Charlie, we have a midfield that doesn't score goals, and only one striker..
    Maybe the championship will suit Rudden.
    As for Mcmullan, I'm frustrated with him, works hard, wins the ball ,then gives it away !, also no composure when he gets a scoring chance, rarely hits the target.

To be fair,we have a whole team that doesn't score goals.
    I think in the championship,rudden,mullen and mcmullen will all be more potent and with jakubiak coming back I think our width would scare teams. The width will be needed,most teams in that league will sit back and look to hit us on the break,so we need to be getting them moving about.

We also need a midfield hard man,too often we get bullied by teams,especially down a level,and we need to get a bit more streetwise all over the pitch.

Too many times I see opposition players playing the ref,they know what they will get away with,while our players get punished for stupid stuff. Know the ref,know what he let's go,and do that rather than the silly things that get cards.

And we need a new chairman......

The majority of these players had us out of contention for the league before Guy Fawkes last time in the championship.... McMullan coming in early was best business McPake done....oh and stopping the tippy tappy stuff at the back when we went 2-0 down to the Pars after about 5 mins

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    The majority of these players had us out of contention for the league before Guy Fawkes last time in the championship.... McMullan coming in early was best business McPake done....oh and stopping the tippy tappy stuff at the back when we went 2-0 down to the Pars after about 5 mins
    Mcpake was clueless, should have been punted after the rout from Ross County, plus Nelms decision making has got us where we are now.
    A decent manager will make a difference.

To be fair,we have a whole team that doesn't score goals.
    I think in the championship,rudden,mullen and mcmullen will all be more potent and with jakubiak coming back I think our width would scare teams. The width will be needed,most teams in that league will sit back and look to hit us on the break,so we need to be getting them moving about.

We also need a midfield hard man,too often we get bullied by teams,especially down a level,and we need to get a bit more streetwise all over the pitch.

Too many times I see opposition players playing the ref,they know what they will get away with,while our players get punished for stupid stuff. Know the ref,know what he let's go,and do that rather than the silly things that get cards.

And we need a new chairman......
    As well as a new chairman, we also need a new chief executive to replace our current managing director and regular board of directors meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    As well as a new chairman, we also need a new chief executive to replace our current managing director and regular board of directors meetings.
    No, we need an actual board of directors. The one man show approach just isn't working especially given that the one man can't seem to get the big decisions right.

And a new chairman
    Fontaine and Mullens out for me

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    No, we need an actual board of directors. The one man show approach just isn't working especially given that the one man can't seem to get the big decisions right.
    What is the point of having other directors if one man is making all the decisions with him continually getting the big decisions wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)