+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: next season

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    But your mate refross or whatever his name said their was huge improvement when mr Mcgoo first took over ,
    I can only speak for myself and not for another poster.
    I think that Nelms made a huge mistake sacking McPake when he did. Nelms then appointed Mark McGhee who had not been the manager of a top flight football team since 2017 and he had a six game touchline ban still to serve.
    To cap it all Mark McGhee was so up to speed about the Dundee FC players that he did not know the name of the Dundee FC captain when asked at his inaugural press conference after his appointment was announced by John Nelms.
    Interestingly in tonight’s BBC Sportscene Gordon Strachan and John Nelms were shown sitting in the stand at Paisley but they were not sitting together which makes me wonder if Gordon Strachan has fallen out with John Nelms.

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    But your mate refross or whatever his name said their was huge improvement when mr Mcgoo first took over ,
    You are spot on, and he did say a high improvement when he FIRST took over, the clue is in your post, improved then ended up as bad as them before him

I must have missed the improved bit. Mcghee has done nothing but take a wage and promise to get nekkit. Every time he talks to the press he sounds even worse than the time before. He says he wants to stay,but realistically,if he thinks he has a chance,then I am.as well throwing my name into the hat.

The only thing he has done successfully in his time at dens is prove what nobody could have imagined,we could do worse than mcintyre.

Hopefully Nelms gets shot ASAP,and then actually does his job this time, and finds a decent manager,who knows how to make thi gs better,rather than appoint the first person who's name he hears.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    I must have missed the improved bit. Mcghee has done nothing but take a wage and promise to get nekkit. Every time he talks to the press he sounds even worse than the time before. He says he wants to stay,but realistically,if he thinks he has a chance,then I am.as well throwing my name into the hat.

The only thing he has done successfully in his time at dens is prove what nobody could have imagined,we could do worse than mcintyre.

Hopefully Nelms gets shot ASAP,and then actually does his job this time, and finds a decent manager,who knows how to make thi gs better,rather than appoint the first person who's name he hears.
    If Nelms sacks McGhee I have no faith that he will get the next managerial appointment correct.
    After McIntyre was sacked Nelms stated that the next Dundee FC manager had to have been in charge of a football team for a minimum of 200 first team games later I think reduced to 100 games.
    Nelms then appointed James McPake who had never managed a first team at a football club with his only previous experience being in charge of the Dundee FC under 18 team for a few months and being joint caretaker manager along with Gary Irvine for the final game of the 2018-19 season against St Mirren at Dens which we lost 2-3.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)