+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list and transfer targets

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The problem with all of this is are any of them likely to get near the first team squad in the Championship?
    I think we probably all know the answer to that so they'll be shipped out on loan but I'm not sure what that will achieve in all honesty.
    They develop, we don't miss out if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The problem with all of this is are any of them likely to get near the first team squad in the Championship?
    I think we probably all know the answer to that so they'll be shipped out on loan but I'm not sure what that will achieve in all honesty.
    I didn’t think we’d see Kayode get a chance with first team but still we’ll have to see what happens next season

Don’t think we’ll see many coming through though especially at this level but you never know
    Last edited by millertop; 17-05-2022 at 04:17 PM.

Good luck to all the players that are leaving, thank you for your contribution to our club.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    As expected people on here think I don't know a deal about Roth U but I did say Gratton wasn't for me manager agrees.
    You also kept saying he should start Cooper instead of Wood didn’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    You also kept saying he should start Cooper instead of Wood didn’t you?

Cooper I've only seen him in pre-season friendly's can't have made it. Not only me on here questioning decision to give Wood another contract.

Cooper I've only seen him in pre-season friendly's can't have made it. Not only me on here questioning decision to give Wood another contract.
    You made a decision on greaves in one pre- season friendly..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    You made a decision on greaves in one pre- season friendly..

Yes but same as Cooper who didn't got to prove he's worth a contract.

Yes but same as Cooper who didn't got to prove he's worth a contract.
    Maybe the management know more than you ?
    Outrageous idea I know,but just thought I`d put it out there,think you should get down to Roundwood pre-season and offer your services,they`d be daft not to set you on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    With Cooper and Gratton being academy players, are we to assume we have much better coming though or are we to assume Mackenzie Warne has to get one of their places?

Only asking don’t want anyone to take offence….

The 3 young lads offered Pro contracts in April ( Curtis Durose, Mackenzie Warne and Cieran McGuckin) have a lot to do to make the first team squad, good luck to them. Curtis and Mackenzie are midfielders, Cieran is a forward player.
    First time 3 Academy lads have signed Pro at the same time, shows what a decent job they're doing with the Academy.

Good luck to Jake Hull and Jerome Greaves next season.

The very best wishes to Jake Cooper and Jacob Gratton.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 17-05-2022 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    The 3 young lads offered Pro contracts in April ( Curtis Durose, Mackenzie Warne and Cieran McGuckin) have a lot to do to make the first team squad, good luck to them. Curtis and Mackenzie are midfielders, Cieran is a forward player.
    First time 3 Academy lads have signed Pro at the same time, shows what a decent job they're doing with the Academy.

Good luck to Jake Hull and Jerome Greaves next season.

The very best wishes to Jake Cooper and Jacob Gratton.
    It must be hard justifying the cost of running an academy. Particularly in today’s world where gaps in the squad can be filled with loan players.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast