+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list and transfer targets

Need a natural wide left player Miller he's out of contract so he should be the one to go. Who I chat to at the ground match days who more or less told me Sadlier would be leaving before that Morris to MK Don's told me last January window we're looking at a league 2 winger. A McDonald Mattock Ladapo I expect to be released. Wood should be but can't see it.

Wood won`t be going anywhere,would expect to see a player coach role,which would be perfect.
    Only players who should leave is Ladapo,and maybe Mattock,if that were the case we would need at least one striker,another winger,and a left sided defender.

Warne said ages ago Wood is signing another contract.

Wood to be retained as a player coach, whilst we don't have a dedicated defensive coach I would suspect Wood has been an influence in training.

Tutu as improved over the last few weeks and is still has some way to improve, but given how well he has cone on and his willingness to play through knocks, I'd try to sign him

Miller, would be useful as he can play as a striker, but he seems to be injured more than he isn't.

Targets depend on formation, let's assume 352
    GKs sorted
    CMs sorted, though Rathbone can be a bit lightweight and I'm not convinced Lindsay is happy as back-up, so replacement for Lindsay that is a first team choice, then Rathbone as back-up.

CBs, MacDonald to go, Wood as back-up, Ihekwe and Harding, stay so need 2 new CBs, ideally REG

WBs Ferguson keep, but not able to play every game, try to sign Tutu, Mattock to go, Ogbene possible RWB, but given how hard it is to sign a striker, it would be cheaper to sign a RWB and move Ogbene up front

Smith, Kelly, Ogbene, need at least 1 or 2 strikers. Grigg maybe (it's easier to sign a player that has been here than attract one to come), Kayode out on loan for at least 6mths otherwise use as a winger.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Wood to be retained as a player coach, whilst we don't have a dedicated defensive coach I would suspect Wood has been an influence in training.

Tutu as improved over the last few weeks and is still has some way to improve, but given how well he has cone on and his willingness to play through knocks, I'd try to sign him

Miller, would be useful as he can play as a striker, but he seems to be injured more than he isn't.

Targets depend on formation, let's assume 352
    GKs sorted
    CMs sorted, though Rathbone can be a bit lightweight and I'm not convinced Lindsay is happy as back-up, so replacement for Lindsay that is a first team choice, then Rathbone as back-up.

CBs, MacDonald to go, Wood as back-up, Ihekwe and Harding, stay so need 2 new CBs, ideally REG

WBs Ferguson keep, but not able to play every game, try to sign Tutu, Mattock to go, Ogbene possible RWB, but given how hard it is to sign a striker, it would be cheaper to sign a RWB and move Ogbene up front

Smith, Kelly, Ogbene, need at least 1 or 2 strikers. Grigg maybe (it's easier to sign a player that has been here than attract one to come), Kayode out on loan for at least 6mths otherwise use as a winger.

No no twice no can't sign Tu

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    No no twice no can't sign Tu

cont... Tutu & Grigg. We need championship quality signings they're not. Tutu he's like Haks we had not a winger so plays on the left. We need someone like Giles on the left. Vauks been mentioned would love him back.

Gru, we know you don't want Grigg and Tutu. You've said it numerous times now and your reasons, fine. Please stop repeating them in every thread that they pop up in, we all know you don't want them. Let others just state who they want without jumping on those two every damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Sorry for shouting but YOU CANNOT GET RID OF A LB we have problems getting them in
    Haha just freeing up funds to actually get a decent one in. Get rid of 2 not up to the standard and use the funds for one who is. I'm sure that's how wages work hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post

Surprised you'd drop Rathbone to the bench. Sets the tone, dogged and determined, fans love him and arguably player of the season.

Can't see it myself but fair enough. One thing PW needs to overcome is his refusal to sub Wiles when he looks absolutely f****d.

Agree with the rest pretty much, just found that surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Gru, we know you don't want Grigg and Tutu. You've said it numerous times now and your reasons, fine. Please stop repeating them in every thread that they pop up in, we all know you don't want them. Let others just state who they want without jumping on those two every damn time.

So just be a nodding dog go along with it! I told you Kelly. When I hear sign those two i can't have been going to games last season!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast