+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Retained list and transfer targets

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Its mentioned that other players need 4 or 5 games to get match for. Joe's biggest problem was 3 games then injured so past 2 seasons he's never been match fit. Tbh I never remember a game where he's let us down. Ok he's had a few 6/10 games.
    We can't afford any passengers next season cayton so right decision to let him go. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    We can't afford any passengers next season cayton so right decision to let him go. UTM
    .........correct......we've been there before...

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    They develop, we don't miss out if they do.
    I understand that but, let's be honest, most of them don't develop sufficiently and get released.
    Other than Wiles and Kayode I'm struggling to think of anyone who has made the first team squad and I wouldn't be surprised if Kayode goes out on loan again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I understand that but, let's be honest, most of them don't develop sufficiently and get released.
    Other than Wiles and Kayode I'm struggling to think of anyone who has made the first team squad and I wouldn't be surprised if Kayode goes out on loan again next season.
    That's the same with all clubs. However the potential upside of a player developing to become part of the first team outweighs paying a nominal amount in wages, part of which is covered by their loan club.

Most youngsters fall through the net throughout the pyramid, a numbers game. Catch a couple along the way and it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post

Kayode I'm disappointed in got my doubts he'll make it with us. Hoping for better with Hull & Greaves

Seems Angus and Miller were shocked at being released

I’d like Miller to have stayed, if he was to be played has a winger then imo I’d expect him to be great but I totally understand why he’s been released because of injuries, any other reason then I’d be gobsmacked tbh

Angus i thought might have been good if he calmed down a bit but I won’t miss him, how can we when he hardly played

Hopefully we can get better
    Last edited by millertop; 20-05-2022 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Seems Angus and Miller were shocked at being released

I’d like Miller to have stayed, if he was to be played has a winger then imo I’d expect him to be great but I totally understand why he’s been released because of injuries, any other reason then I’d be gobsmacked tbh

Angus i thought might have been good if he calmed down a bit but I won’t miss him, how can we when he hardly played
    I've a sneaky feeling both are down to medical information we mear mortals are not privileged too.

Warney would like and is/will be talking to Grigg, Reg and TuTu + clubs

I’d be happy with them but can’t see all three being back tbh, maybe one

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Kayode I'm disappointed in got my doubts he'll make it with us. Hoping for better with Hull & Greaves
    I'm not disappointed with Kayode because he does show some promise. I do think he needs to get stronger and more streetwise though because but he's nowhere near Championship standard at the moment and didn't really look good enough to claim a regular place in the team last season.
    It would be good if a decent League 1 team came in for him on loan and gave him a good run in their team next season. We'd have a better idea of whether he could make it at a higher level then or whether he's another one that will have to be moved on.

Yes, we definitely need a few in capable of playing at Championship level straight away. Looking at our present squad I'm struggling to put together a matchday team of eleven (especially if we play last season's formation) let alone a matchday 18 and even then I'm including players whose contracts are ending and might not be here next season. Be interesting to see what sort of team plays in the Croatian fixtures and other friendlies the details of which have not yet been announced to my knowledge. Still I dare say plans are ongoing and best if you don't declare everything to all and sundry till it's nailed.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast