+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andy Considine

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s all he knows.

Probably, but perhaps he dreams of more.

You would like to think at the JG interview, style of play would have been a factor in the discussions. Fair enough we have to get a winning team first, but we cannot just look to just to gain points. He is what 40 years old and been with two clubs which success was essentially survival in their respective leagues with a tight budget, and although our budget is still not huge, it should allow him a chance to develop a team who can be tough when needed and still play a decent standard of football.

I think he will do OK with us, but it is worrying that a lot of folk, not just on here, appear to have him written off already.

“A lot of folk”???

Don’t let your judgement be influenced by the Zoomer/attention-seeking/studiedly-cynical tendencies. Most posts that I see are along the lines of “uninspiring choice, but deserves to be given a chance with his own choice of players”.

My personal misgiving is the noises he’s made about fitness, athleticism, and character, and a ’pressing’ style which I hope isn’t about McRorie’s shorts having an a razor-sharp ironed crease in them. Not a cheep yet about attacking approach or general tactics.

I’m happy to give him time, but worry that he might have been an easy appointment to get the support off the chairman’s case. I hope not, of course, and wish him well.

He definitely looks like he will struggle to play at a decent level nowadays. Some will argue he never played at a decent level any days.

Just watching Andy’s interview on red tv summing up his career with the Dons.

What a fine man he is. On another thread 57 vintage has pointed out that this is the only thing currently worth watching on red tv.

The current temporary manager of AFC accused Andy of throwing Aberdeen under the bus when news of his departure from the club became public.

He would only have to watch this interview to know that Andy, no matter his limitations, always wanted to do his best for the wonderful thing that is afc, which so many others just pi$$ on. His recollection of the rogic goal in the 2017 final is enough to make you weep. It certainly did that to me.

What a guy. Thank you Andy.

If we hadn’t lost that goal, we were getting gubbed in extra time.

Not my favourite day of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nlodger View Post
    Just watching Andy’s interview on red tv summing up his career with the Dons.

What a fine man he is. On another thread 57 vintage has pointed out that this is the only thing currently worth watching on red tv.

The current temporary manager of AFC accused Andy of throwing Aberdeen under the bus when news of his departure from the club became public.

He would only have to watch this interview to know that Andy, no matter his limitations, always wanted to do his best for the wonderful thing that is afc, which so many others just pi$$ on. His recollection of the rogic goal in the 2017 final is enough to make you weep. It certainly did that to me.

What a guy. Thank you Andy.
    Were you singing “sweet Considine” while watching that min?

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Were you singing “sweet Considine” while watching that min?
    No. I associate that melody more with old aunties 70s style limbo dancing at new year’s parties in Hilton.

After the recollection of the 2017 final, he went on to recall his Scotland first cap. Breaks down. What. A. Man. The things he says too about McGinn, Rooney, Anderson. What he said about sevcos cup final scorer stuck in my craw mind…

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123