+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Considine

Andy Considine

I was disappointed that Goodwin could not agree a one year deal with Andy. It should have been possible but Andy's agent may have been asking for unrealistic terms. In any event he is leaving at the end of the season. In my opinion he should have been playing instead of Bates in the last few weeks and if he is not given game time versus St Mirren as a farewell to the fans in the last home game of the season it will look to some as being vindictive. I trust Goodwin will see sense in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I was disappointed that Goodwin could not agree a one year deal with Andy. It should have been possible but Andy's agent may have been asking for unrealistic terms. In any event he is leaving at the end of the season. In my opinion he should have been playing instead of Bates in the last few weeks and if he is not given game time versus St Mirren as a farewell to the fans in the last home game of the season it will look to some as being vindictive. I trust Goodwin will see sense in this matter.
    I get the distinct feeling that Twowins has an uncompromising style of management and I think that he may have already fallen out with a few, including perhaps Considine, but also Brown and Ramirez. That’s all well and good if it works and the results are there (they certainly aren’t yet) but if you end up losing the dressing room then that’s an entirely different story. McInnes, on the other hand, I think was a good man manager and kept the players on board, even those who weren’t always making the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I get the distinct feeling that Twowins has an uncompromising style of management and I think that he may have already fallen out with a few, including perhaps Considine, but also Brown and Ramirez. That’s all well and good if it works and the results are there (they certainly aren’t yet) but if you end up losing the dressing room then that’s an entirely different story. McInnes, on the other hand, I think was a good man manager and kept the players on board, even those who weren’t always making the first team.
    Always got that feeling and that was due to as you say' mcinnes was a good man manager and had the full squad really at ease and I think mcinnes is a very likeable guy.

McInnes is a boring b’astard.

Like Calderwood he had his own circle of favourites, not always good players they always had their place in the team, often to the detriment of bringing through our youngsters.

Goodwin’s style will either mean success or abject failure.
    If the current squad are sulking, so be it.

We’re 99% safe now so they can f’uck off.
    He has the chance to build his own team, keep the criticism for September.

As for Considine, of course he should get a game at Pittodrie.
    Just come on for the last 20 minutes, give the fans a chance to say thank you for a career dedicated to AFC.

I like Andy, a Top Red in my opinion.

Was he the best? No.

Would i have in my team every day of the week over the utter sh1te we have now? Yes.

Considine comes across as a decent guy, but let’s be honest….he should have been shown the door years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Agree in part Viking min.

The club made him a very fair offer. One year with a six figure salary for a 35 year old coming off a serious knee injury is perfectly reasonable.

He signed a years deal before the knee went, so I have no idea why he thought that wasn’t enough a year later.

I’m fairly sure its the agent, but he’s a grown man and the agent works for him so he could/should have told the boy to wind his neck in and get the deal done - he didn’t so the faults on his side here, not the clubs.

I’m not disappointed at this turn of events if I’m honest, we need to move on from players like Considine. Not good enough to get us to the fabled next level - never has been.

That said, I’ve been calling for him to be in the team this last few weeks. Hes clearly better than what we have at CH now - an amazingly low bar granted - and his commitment absolutely can never be doubted.

The fact Goodwin hasn’t used him I find both baffling and worrying - a big question mark against the manager’s judgement and capabilities for me.

We’ve staggered over the line now, so the last 3 games should be used to try some of the younger players and folk who may have a future with the club.

He absolutely must be allowed to come on for the last 20-30 mins at Pittodrie on the last day to say his farewells though, and I hope he gets the send off he deserves from the support.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Agree in part Viking min.

The club made him a very fair offer. One year with a six figure salary for a 35 year old coming off a serious knee injury is perfectly reasonable.

He signed a years deal before the knee went, so I have no idea why he thought that wasn’t enough a year later.

I’m fairly sure its the agent, but he’s a grown man and the agent works for him so he could/should have told the boy to wind his neck in and get the deal done - he didn’t so the faults on his side here, not the clubs.

I’m not disappointed at this turn of events if I’m honest, we need to move on from players like Considine. Not good enough to get us to the fabled next level - never has been.

That said, I’ve been calling for him to be in the team this last few weeks. Hes clearly better than what we have at CH now - an amazingly low bar granted - and his commitment absolutely can never be doubted.

The fact Goodwin hasn’t used him I find both baffling and worrying - a big question mark against the manager’s judgement and capabilities for me.

We’ve staggered over the line now, so the last 3 games should be used to try some of the younger players and folk who may have a future with the club.

He absolutely must be allowed to come on for the last 20-30 mins at Pittodrie on the last day to say his farewells though, and I hope he gets the send off he deserves from the support.
    I agree with The Moog but would just add a couple of things.

As well as providing a better defensive option than Bates against Dundee he would also have provided more of a goal threat at the other end.

I would do things a bit differently on the last day, assuming there is nothing to play for. I would start him and give him the captaincy for the day as a mark of respect for his length of service. I would then take him off after 75-80 minutes so he gets his standing ovation as well.

Agreed Considine would provide more of a threat in our opponents box than Gallacher or Bates who never seem to get on the end of anything. It would also be a nice touch if he was captain for the day and got a well deserved standing ovation. Over to you Goodwin.

Is he fit enough to play at the moment after so long out, not so sure.

I do hope he gets a decent send off though, regardless of anyones opinion of him he has never let us down much over the years and is one of our own

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast