+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 31 Minutes Wait For Ambulance On Emergency Call.

31 Minutes Wait For Ambulance On Emergency Call.

My 6 day old granddaughter was struggling to breath last night and on my advice my son rang 999.

They live 3 miles from Russell’s Hall Hospital and yet even as a “priority” they had a 31 minute wait.

Not good enough in my opinion but not the fault of the paramedics who were wonderful.

After being rushed in they checked her over and found she was okay but badly congested in her nose.

I didn’t know until last night that babies can’t breath through their mouths for the first few weeks so keeping their nose clear is v I t a l.

Anyway, Nellie is fine which is the main thing but 999 locally needs looking at seriously.

PS. Why is “v I t a l” a word that’s banned on here FFS?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My 6 day old granddaughter was struggling to breath last night and on my advice my son rang 999.

They live 3 miles from Russell’s Hall Hospital and yet even as a “priority” they had a 31 minute wait.

Not good enough in my opinion but not the fault of the paramedics who were wonderful.

After being rushed in they checked her over and found she was okay but badly congested in her nose.

I didn’t know until last night that babies can’t breath through their mouths for the first few weeks so keeping their nose clear is v I t a l.

Anyway, Nellie is fine which is the main thing but 999 locally needs looking at seriously.

I've asked your PS question before but have never been given an answer!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Shocking Mick! The NHS staff are wonderful but the service is going from bad to worse! Even almost 3 million cancer patients waiting for operations - disgusting! Not seeing a GP to undertake blood tests like you could pre pandemic will see even more cancers go undeducted and rocket!

Glad Nellie is OK and always best to get checked out!

Glad she's ok. A friend of mine I heard in her 80's was on the floor waiting for 5 hours for an ambulance. Its not good enough but as always with the NHS which we really don't want to do without, you get the good the bad and the ugly.

Hope all is okay MicK, this sort of issue with young kids always sounds less serious in retrospect but in the moment is horrible for anyone concerned

31 minutes must have seemed like an eternity, glad all ended well

Underfunding in the nhs from the goriest is the issue

So glad that young Nellie is ok Mick.

It generally isn't the fault of ambulance crews/paramedics but regardless of examples of any poor management the NHS is desperate for greater investment. Like Boingy, I know of a lady in her 80s who had had a fall overnight and was discovered by her daughter in the morning. Her mum could not move and had clearly had a stroke but the wait for an ambulance was several hours. They daren't move her and take her to A+E themselves in case they made her worse and after several fraught and irate calls they eventually managed to get a First Responder to attend after about two hours-and then an ambulance turned up at the same time with 4 crew members!

Glad she is okay Mick.

Don’t agree that the NHS needs more investment.

For me what it needs is a complete rethink and reset. It was introduced after the war, 1948 I think. It was designed as fit for purpose then.

Don’t tell me the UK is the same place it was then and that the challenges haven’t increased massively.

We need a reset and stop this cycle of thinking that throwing money at the problem will resolve it because in my opinion it won’t.

We have been doing that for the last 20/30 years, maybe more, and just cannot seem to understand that it isn’t the answer. Yes it is a nice easy sound bite but it doesn’t address the multitude of problems.

Thanks chaps.

In further news, my sons partner is on blood thinners after the birth as she’s at risk of clotting.

Last night her leg ballooned do they phoned 999 and were told they had to make their own way up to the hospital.

For various reasons it wasn’t easily possible for us or her parents to be able to get to their house to look after the three kids so she had to drive herself whilst my son stayed home on parent duty.

Not great is it?

Don’t get sick is best advice.

Glad all ok Mick.

Just to balance things a bit. My mom was taken to Russells hall yesterday by ambulance, it arrived virtually as my brother hung up the phone.
    Expect it depends on so many variables.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)